Kirkland, WA, USA
A fun, hard-working, and dedicated family of experienced game developers working cross platform, with a current focus on mobile and emerging platforms. We keep our eyes set on broad appeal and an engaging experience for our players.
We are always looking for people who want to make the best out of great games.
What We Need:
Self-driven individuals, who find pride and fulfillment in doing the best work possible. Folks who take responsibility for not only their work, but for the success of team at large, and for what’s best for the game.
What You Will Do:
- Manage the whole team and multiple sub teams, working with content/art, tech, design
- Motivate and drive the team to ensure project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved
- Assimilate all the quality, technical, and business requirements from studio leadership and publishing; communicate and drive those goals with the team in an understandable manner
- Develop a broad mental roadmap of the entire project with the ability to schedule near and long-term deliverables within each team
- Own the schedules and tracking, production pipelines and content delivery, iterating on process as needed to find the most effective methods
- Keep studio leadership up to date on progress, slippage and risk
- Deliver to expected targets for time, budget and quality, while monitoring resources and output
- When needed, work with external development partners to meet production schedules
- Ensure great communication across the team, internally and externally. Actively manage relationships and workflows with various publishing teams, including but not limited to: QA, marketing, and business/operations
- Act as the ultimate diplomat, identifying areas of potential conflict and preventing issues from spiraling
- Be able to work independently, often without direct guidance, as needed
- Present well to groups of all types and sizes; represent the project to internal and external audiences
- Fill in and temporarily cover roles and responsibilities of other team members when need arises. This may include live ops responsibilities
- Mentor and develop the skills and capabilities of direct reports
- Travel, both domestic and international, may be required
Who We Think Would Be A Great Fit:
- Self-starters who have experience on projects that span multiple platforms, business departments and operating units, vendors, and custom development
- Hard-working people who strive for effectiveness, with an eye on efficiency, and the other eye on quality
- Fast learners who actively seek out thrive on solving problems and stepping out of their immediate comfort zone
- Organized folks who prioritize well, and demonstrate good judgment and decision making skills even when “everything is happening all at once”– developing and running live titles is hard work!
- Team players who raise issues having at least thought about potential solutions
- Great communicators with a ‘how can I make this successful’ attitude and an ability to build strong relationships
- Confident and capable individuals, who have a delicate hand in managing work relationships, and also the conviction to make, and own, their decisions
- Cool heads under pressure, who are capable of calmly taking charge in moments of chaos
- People who are genuinely interested in focusing on shipping and running great games, as opposed to climbing a mythical ladder
- Bachelor's degree preferred (but high quality, shipped titles are much more important).
- 6+ years of experience in internal game development and/or game publishing
- Broad understanding of game development systems – production, design, code, art
- Demonstrated experience in risk management and proactive risk assessment, mitigation and remediation
- Experience with mobile or online games, including at least 3 titles shipped from start to finish
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), time and project management skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to pick up on general technical tasks where required
- Experience with the following tools is a plus: Perforce, Trello/Favro, HelixALM/TTP
- Bonus points: familiarity or experience with data analysis and/or other technical discipline
Your application has been successfully submitted.