This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hello! We’re Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
Oh, almost forgot to mention that we’re currently making the next BioShock!! I know, right? Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
What We Need:
Cloud Chamber is searching for a visual effects artist with an eye for gameplay AND cinematics. Someone who can collaboratively shape the moving parts of a compelling game world.
Working closely with the senior and Lead VFX Artist you will push creative and technical boundaries to set the stage for a stunning narrative and systems driven experience.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
You are a game developer and an talented VFX artist. As a creative powerhouse you love to solve thorny visual communication problems while simultaneously delivering a jaw-droppingly beautiful end-product. You are a collaborator who can help drive progress across the board when it comes to visual effects, from game systems to cinematic moments and set pieces.
- Must have shipped multiple titles as a VFX artist with 3+ years in the games or film industry
- Familiarity with Unreal or comparable engines (e.g. Frostbyte, Crytech, idTech, etc.).
- Experience developing / shipping AAA first person shooters is a plus!
- Possess a critical eye for timing, animation, and motion of real-world objects as well as mind-bending, fantastical VFX
- Experience ensuring art assets can be easily integrated into a game without sacrificing the artistic vision or exceeding the platform’s technical limits
- Experience in secondary areas such as texturing, modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting
- Someone with a love for research, reference, and documenting your findings to share with the team. Lead experience is a plus!
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
2K MAKES EXCEPTIONAL GAMES.