Senior Materials Artist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hello! We’re Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
Oh, almost forgot to mention that we’re currently making the next BioShock!! I know, right? Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
What We Need
Cloud Chamber is searching for a modeler with the technical understanding and keen artistic skill to facilitate the creation of a high quality library of materials that will be used by our art team; from environments to characters. This person will be responsible for sculpting, texturing, organizing and maintaining our library of base materials.
Job Responsibilities Will Include:
- Create visually stunning textures and materials for physically-based rendering
- Work closely with our Lead Artists and Art Directors to establish the look and style of objects
- Work with Engineering and Technical Artists to ensure our materials are performant
- Collaborate with 3D artists and designers to understand content needs of the game
- Work with dev and tools teams to define tools and improvements necessary to meet content creator expectations
- Create “Hero” assets that will set a quality bar for both in-house artists and outsourcing
- Maintain and organize the material library
- 3-5+ years of experience as a Texture or Environment Artist
- At least one released title on current console generation, preferably AAA
- Strong knowledge of texturing software, preferably Substance Designer and Painter
- Strong modeling and sculpting skills
- Ability to work independently with a high level of autonomy
- Experience with shader networks and procedural texturing
- Familiar with Perforce
- Strong ability to learn new areas of development
- Proven ability to work well within a team atmosphere
- Excellent time management skills
- Creative problem solving skills
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
2K MAKES EXCEPTIONAL GAMES.