Montreal, QC, Canada
Hello! We’re Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
Oh, almost forgot to mention that we’re currently making the next BioShock!! I know, right? Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
What We Need
It is the lighting artist’s job to build upon the work of the other artists, while enhancing and supporting their work. Your talents are critical in pulling ideas together and unifying compositions. You are here to help us finish the thought. A passion for theater and a flair for the dramatic is a plus. You demonstrate a confident understanding of how to best compliment story, action, and setting through the composition of light and atmosphere.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
You are an artist who lives for lighting and know how a certain time of day can make a mood and sell the story. You walk the razor’s edge of art and technology. You speak the language of lighting and inherently understand how it can define the feeling of a shot. A team player, you strive to work with the art teams to enhance and beautify their amazing work.
• 3 + years of industry experience in the Games Industry as a lighting artist
• Knowledge of Unreal’s lighting tools, in particular deferred lighting, Lightmass and PBR
• Knowledge of UE4 Sequencer
• Experience developing quality lighting under runtime constraints
What You Will Do
• Work with lighting and technical artists in multiple locations
• Scene lighting for both in-game and prerendered cinematics
• Shot composition and rendering of key art and marketing shots
• Coordination and collaboration with Cinematic and VFX artists
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Your application has been successfully submitted.