Senior Technical Animator
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hello! We’re Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
Oh, almost forgot to mention that we’re currently making the next BioShock game!! I know, right? Our passion and love for this iconic franchise are what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game are what keeps us going.
What We Need
Our team is looking for a Senior Technical Animator to work closely with the animation and engineering teams to push the creative vision and technical boundaries. Someone who really understands run-time animation, content authoring, creating tools, and pipeline development that is engaged in designing and improving efficient workflows.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
You are someone with a very keen artistic eye and who loves to work their technical wizardry! You are a person who is truly passionate about their craft and enjoys supporting the team. You work towards understanding the whys of how something works and able to clearly communicate the findings to others. You have a thirst for knowledge, seeks wisdom, and takes joy in supporting and mentoring others.
We are looking for someone with:
- Good understanding of animation principles and how they can be applied to video games.
- Knowledge of human anatomy and kinesiology, and understanding of how it relates to deformation rigs.
- Experience working with a game engine. (e.g. Unreal, Unity, or AAA proprietary game engines)
- Vast experience creating animator friendly rigs in Maya.
- Tools development experience in Python, and PySide2 or PyQt5.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming principles and practical usage.
- Experience with driving positive and effective collaborative processes in a team environment.
- Experience with optimizing(e.g. lod, fps performance, memory footprint) assets for a game engine.
- Animation, skinning, rigging, and/or pipeline tools development experience in Maya is a plus.
- Experience working with FACS based facial rig is a plus.
- Maya plug-in authoring experience in C++ is a plus.
What You Will Do:
- Create and maintain various complexity of rigs in Maya.
- Implement and set up assets in the game engine.
- Help troubleshoot issues relating to animation in both Maya and the game engine.
- Create, maintain, and continuously improve tools and pipelines in Maya.
- Help make sure assets and systems are optimized for run-time performance.
- Work closely with the team to refine workflows and content authoring processes.
- Mentor and teach others on tool usages, technical workflows, and best practices.
- Create a written or video documentation to aid information sharing.
***To be considered for this role please provide a reel, make sure to include a breakdown of your contributions to the work shown.****
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Your application has been successfully submitted.