Senior Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
2K publishes some of the most popular video game franchises on the planet including Mafia, Borderlands, BioShock, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Evolve, XCOM, and Sid Meier’s Civilization.
The Core Technology group is responsible for identifying common problems across the company and building solutions to those problems. We fill our team with individuals who enjoy a challenge, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and want to take ownership and responsibility for products. If you are passionate about working in the game industry and implementing cool features for our game products, come join our team.
What You Will Do:
- Create documented architectures for testable, scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant systems and write some of the code
- Interface with external groups to provide architecture, code feedback, strategy, and direction
- Mentor other engineers and champion best-practices within the engineering team
- Work with product managers to gather requirements
- Reduce technical debt associated with legacy applications through innovation and automation
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Proficiency building Go and Java serverless or micro-services on Linux
- Skilled with unit and automated testing
- Experience with multiple SQL and noSQL databases at scale
- Ability to explain technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- An attitude of achievement when our partners are successful
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent
- A passion for working in games
- Solid C# and/or C++
- Jenkins or similar continuous deployment tools
- Capable with Perforce
- OSX and Windows development knowledge
Your application has been successfully submitted.
2K MAKES EXCEPTIONAL GAMES.