This job is no longer accepting applications.
2K Games is filled with some of the brightest minds in the game creation and publishing arena having delivered NBA2K, WWWE2K, Civilization, Borderlands, and Evolve among other titles. In the quest to protect the integrity of our games and simultaneously creating a safe and fair gaming experience for our gamers, only the best security talent can get the job done.
The 2K Information Security team consists of top-notch security specialists that help protect our games on multiple platforms such as Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and living-room consoles and ensure a secure and reliable experience for our gamers across the planet.
In addition to providing game-related security, privacy, online safety, anti-cheating and anti-fraud controls we pride ourselves in our understanding on how these concepts dovetail with game development and operations and industry trends at large.
If you’re a top-tier security expert with a focus on security penetration testing raring to join a world-class protect, detect and response team in a highly dynamic business environment, we welcome you to join us and make a landmark difference in the gaming universe.
What We Need:
You will need experience as either an avid gamer, or have worked in the gaming industry. Product knowledge is essential for this role. You should have an intuitive understanding of what in game actions represent highly skilled play vs cheating, fraud, toxicity, griefing, or any other antisocial behavior.
What Will You Do:
2K Security is looking for an experienced Risk Operations Analyst that can contribute to the design of a global Risk Operations program and help bring it to life with cutting-edge game security monitoring technologies, techniques, and policies. The successful candidate is committed to keeping our games and services fun for our players through defense against cheaters, hackers, exploiters, and any and all troublemakers.
- Support day to day operations of the anti-abuse & game security programs
- Monitor the game telemetry aggregation platform for alerts on known patterns of cheating, fraud, and toxicity
- Follow SOPs to investigate alerts and verify whether they are true positives
- Follow SOPs to alert Customer Service on verified abuse incidents for them to follow policy recommended actions on the account
- Contribute towards the development of new queries & SOPs for cheating patterns which don’t fit the existing knowledge base
- Monitor and maintain threat intelligence on the latest trends, tools, and threat actor groups targeting our games for cheating, fraud, and toxicity
- Create reports, metrics, and training slides to socialize cheating, fraud, and toxicity trends within the 2K family of studios
- Prepare detailed reports related to investigations and intelligence analysis
- Tune and support security/anti-cheat measures for the game client and supporting back-end services. Assist in responding to emergency situations and security incidents
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- You love gaming and gaming culture. You have an intuitive feel for the difference between highly skilled players and cheaters
- Ability to absorb extremely technical information in limited timeframes
- Knowledge of client-server and peer-to-peer gaming architectures
- Knowledge of relational databases, non-relational a plus
- Availability to work flexible hours, rotating shifts as necessary, working weekends, off hours and holidays
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing (English)
- Intense thirst for knowledge
- From, or willing to relocate to Montreal, Las Vegas, or Austin
- Travel occasionally
- Prior experience in the gaming industry in any role. Customer Service, Security, Producer, would be a major plus
- Scripting ability in any language, especially Python
- Prior experience with Splunk, ElasticSearch, or equivalent platforms
- Prior experience with Demisto or other SOAR platforms
- Strong technical background in any/all of the following a plus: Reverse Engineering, Threat Intelligence, Hacking/Cracking software
- Foreign language skill, especially Chinese
Your application has been successfully submitted.
2K MAKES EXCEPTIONAL GAMES.