Senior Physics Engine Programmer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Toronto is seeking experienced, talented Physics Engine Programmers to join our team to work across the development of low-level physics systems and to innovate on physics in-game. This is an exciting opportunity to develop cutting-edge physics and collision systems and use them in creative and novel ways. We want to hear from candidates who can iterate toward the perfect blend of realism and fun in how games feel to play and from candidates with a proven track record in robust, fast physics engine development.
WHAT WE DO
- We iterate toward the perfect blend of realism and fun in how games feel to play by utilizing the core physics engine.
- We implement a variety of physics-based systems including, but not limited to vehicle dynamics, water, destructible objects and rope.
- We support the design, AI and gameplay teams to be able to use the physics systems in order to create novel new mission, AI and gameplay mechanics.
You will be working with other departments such as Animation & AI, to solve complex physics problems - so as well as possessing the math skills you will be able to communicate with clarity and confidence as part of a creative team.
- 3+ years physics programming experience.
- Prior experience driving and developing a physics engine for shipped game titles on current generation consoles.
- Physics/mathematics/computer science degree.
- Fluency in C/C++, Assembly, and SIMD programming.
- Experience of low level optimizations and fixing stability issues.
- Familiarity with existing physics packages.
- Outstanding math skills (linear algebra, trigonometry, matrix/quaternion math).
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Follow for updates on career opportunities at Rockstar Games in Bangalore, Boston, Edinburgh, Leeds, Lincoln, London, New York City, San Diego, and To...