Senior Gameplay Programmer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Rockstar Games we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Toronto is looking for talented software engineers to join our international Rockstar AI / Gameplay programming team with a focus on optimization and systems development. We are looking for the smartest natural coders out there that we can help grow into skilled engineers, so you can help us develop bleeding edge architectures, evolve and expand our engine, and build tools and systems that make it fast, flexible and easy to use.
WHAT WE DO
- We create believable characters using both AI and animation techniques.
- We create believable worlds that players can get immersed in.
- We develop systems, such as navigation, population and weapons.
- We work as a global AI/Gameplay team across multiple studios as well as working closely with animators and designers.
- We follow an iterative process where we tune and polish features.
- You will be working on the animation side of character mechanics, such as locomotion, cover or combat. This involves working closely with our animation team to implement code systems and animation blend trees to realize the vision of the game directors. This will be an iterative process with continual reviews where we tune and polish features to produce the best combination of realism and responsiveness.
- As a Senior Gameplay Programmer you will be expected to drive feature development forward. You’ll be in a position to contribute significantly to game feature design.
- A degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years AAA games programming experience.
- Experience working with animations and animation trees.
- Solid C++ programming skills.
- Strong math skills, knowledge of vectors, matrices and linear algebra.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Excellent team communication skills.
- Passion for playing and creating cutting edge video game experiences.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Self-motivated, and willing to pitch in on many areas of development.
- Passion for technology and games, in-depth familiarity of Rockstar products is a massive plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Follow for updates on career opportunities at Rockstar Games in Bangalore, Boston, Edinburgh, Leeds, Lincoln, London, New York City, San Diego, and To...