Art Dev Assistant
Toronto, ON, Canada
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Toronto is looking for a passion-driven junior artist to join the studio as a Development Assistant working alongside the environment art team and assisting with the creation and implementation of art assets. Join our team to create next-generation worlds for some exciting upcoming projects!
WHAT WE DO
- We bring innovation and resolution to problems and challenges throughout Art production - from content creation through to the game.
- We create and maintain tools that improve our Art creation/editing workflows.
- We provide general support for Art team and document/share solutions/knowledge with the wider team.
- We proactively use knowledge and experience to identify and solve problems before they affect the Art team.
- General art support for the main environment art team.
- Processing of art work through the game pipeline.
- Optimising artwork to improve performance.
- Creating support assets (LODs, collision, lighting etc.).
- Troubleshooting any new tools and plugins.
- Bug fixing.
- 2+ years of post-secondary educational experience in 2D and 3D art production.
- Eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies.
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- One to two years game experience preferred, but not essential.
- Strong knowledge in 3ds Max and Photoshop.
- Good ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Must provide a portfolio through a webpage or other digital media to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Your application has been successfully submitted.