Senior Technical Product Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Take-Two develops and publishes some of the world's biggest games. Our Rockstar label creates Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, two of the most critically acclaimed gaming franchises in history. Our 2K label creates games like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier's Civilization. Our Private Division label publishes Kerbal Space Program, The Outer Worlds, and will publish upcoming titles with Obsidian Entertainment, Panache Digital Games and more.
Take 2 Direct to Consumer (D2C)
The Direct to Consumer team is a (well-funded) startup within Take-Two. We have offices in San Francisco and Vancouver and have built a culture that enables remote work. We're building a commerce and distribution platform for our game labels, partnering directly with our studios to bring value company-wide. Our team is small and agile – we release to our users quickly, and constantly iterate to elevate our product’s quality. We seek regular feedback from our users and labels to make sure we are delivering at and above expectations. We believe in giving our studios the flexibility they need to create the world's greatest games, so we plan to offer a variety of interfaces using modern technology and best practices. Our success is measured by our impact on gamers and developers, not presentations or promises.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Technical Product Manager to partner with the Core Tech organization within 2K to orchestrate multiple offerings inside the back-end-as-a-service platform. You’ll work closely with Engineers and game teams to extend existing services and bring new concepts to a product launch. Using customer feedback, research, and data you’ll continue to improve the products you ship and delight our customers!
- Define product features, roadmaps, and releases for user facing products based on D2C team strategy and vision
- Translate these into business requirements to create product specifications and architecture for each product
- Understand the latest trends in online games, no matter the device they are played on
- Work closely with external game teams, publishing partners, Program Managers, Developers and QA to deliver key features and products to market
- Communicate key insights and results
- Create buy-in for the product both within our team and our studios
- 4-5+ years of managing highly technical products
- Understanding of HTTP-based API concepts like REST, GraphQL and gRPC
- Understanding of microservices and serverless; able to compare and contrast
- Strong oral and written communication skills; extremely attentive to detail
- Familiarity with A/B testing and use of experimentation
- Previous experience delivering products with Software Engineers as your customer
- Ability to explain technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- An attitude of achievement when our partners are successful
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field required. MBA preferred
- Recent experience with console certification and requirements, XRs, TRCs etc. a strong plus
- Passion for video games strong plus
- Previous experience with delivering an API to internal customers is a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.