Senior UI/Frontend Software Engineer
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
San Francisco, CA, USA
Take-Two develops and publishes some of the world’s biggest games. Our Rockstar label creates Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, two of the most critically acclaimed gaming franchises in history. Our 2K label creates games like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve,
XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization. Our Private Division label publishes Kerbal Space Program and will publish upcoming titles with Obsidian Entertainment, Panache Digital Games and more.
T2 Direct to Consumer:
The Direct to Consumer team is a (well-funded) startup within Take-Two. We have offices in San Francisco and Vancouver and have built a culture that enables remote work. We're building a commerce and distribution platform for our game labels, partnering directly with our studios to bring value company-wide. Our team is small and agile – we release to our users quickly, and constantly iterate to elevate our product’s quality. We seek regular feedback from our users and labels to make sure we are delivering at and above expectations. We believe in giving our studios the flexibility they need to create the world's greatest games, so we plan to offer a variety of interfaces using modern technology and best practices. Our success is measured by our impact on gamers and developers, not presentations or promises.
Help us build something from the ground up! As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will help establish the culture for our engineering team and lay the foundation for our frontend architecture. Our team embraces a culture of performance, automation, and iteration. We aim to move fast and are not
afraid to experiment, fail and try something new. Because our team is small, you will have a chance to work across the stack from building out our design system to helping write tools for our CI/CD pipeline.
Here’s an example of a task you could work on:
● Architect and code a responsive purchase flow for games in React
● Make sure its performant and accessible
● Write automated tests for it
● Integrate with your code with a few of the largest games in the world
Although this is primarily a frontend position, our engineers are not bound by titles and domain
expertise. We encourage our engineers to work together, across domains in order to deliver a high
quality experience to our users.
● 80% of time hands on coding
● 20% of time mentoring engineers, guiding them on best practices
● Working with the Technical Director to architect our frontend application
● Championing a culture of iteration, experimentation and performance
● Evangelizing automated testing best practices for unit/integration/e2e tests
● Collaborating with our design and product teams to build out new features
● Building out our set of reusable components
● Working with our operations team to build out our tooling and CI/CD pipelines
● Working with game teams to integrate the technology and products we build
Required Skills & Qualifications:
● BS/MS in Computer Science or 5+ years professional experience in software engineering
● Experience using ES6
● Experience with automated testing (unit, integration and e2e)
● Experience with React in a production environment
● Experience with Accessibility
● Experience with SEO
● Experience with building single page applications
● Experience with web performance and monitoring, including load time optimizations and run time optimizations
● Familiarity with modern front-end tools such as Webpack, Rollup, Parcel
● Love for Games
● Experience with GraphQL
● Experience with Typescript
● Experience building out a component library
● Experience building progressive web applications
● Experience with CSS-in-JS
● Experience with server side rendering
● Experience with CI/CD
● Experience with Electron
● Experience in the games industry
Your application has been successfully submitted.