Frontend Software Engineer
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
San Francisco, CA, USA
Who We Are:
Take-Two develops and publishes some of the world’s biggest games. Our Rockstar label creates Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, two of the most critically acclaimed gaming franchises in history. Our 2K label creates games like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization. Our Private Division label publishes Kerbal Space Program and publishes The Outer Worlds with Obsidian Entertainment and more.
T2 Direct to Consumer:
The Direct to Consumer team is a (well-funded) startup within Take-Two. We have offices in San Francisco and Vancouver and have built a culture that enables remote work. We're building a commerce and distribution platform for our game labels, partnering directly with our studios to bring value company-wide. Our team is small and agile – we release to our users quickly, and constantly iterate to elevate our product’s quality. We seek regular feedback from our users and labels to make sure we are delivering at and above expectations. We believe in giving our studios the flexibility they need to create the world's greatest games, so we plan to offer a variety of interfaces using modern technology and best practices. Our success is measured by our impact on gamers and developers, not presentations or promises.
As a Software Engineer, you will write code and work as a part of our engineering team to build something from the ground up. Our team embraces a culture of performance, automation, and iteration. We aim to move fast and are not afraid to experiment, fail and try something new. Because our team is small, you will have a chance to contribute across the stack from building out components for our design system to helping write tools for our CI/CD pipeline.
Here’s an example of a task you could work on:
- Building out a carousel for our component library
- Writing logic that retrieves and manipulates data for the carousel
- Making sure its performant and accessible
- Writing automated tests for it
Although this is primarily a frontend position, our engineers are not bound by titles and domain expertise. We encourage our engineers to work together, across domains in order to deliver a high quality experience to our users.
- Writing HTML/CSS/JS to help build out our frontend application
- Collaborating with our design and product teams to build out new features
- Building out our set of reusable components
- Working with game teams to integrate the technology and products we build
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years professional experience in software engineering
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with React in a production environment
- Experience with building single page applications
- Familiarity with modern front-end tools such as Webpack, Rollup, Parcel
- Experience with Accessibility
- Experience with Automated Testing (unit, integration and e2e)
- Experience with SEO
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience building out a component library
- Experience building progressive web applications
- Experience with CSS-in-JS
- Experience with server side rendering
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with Electron
- Experience in the games industry
Your application has been successfully submitted.