Vancouver, BC, Canada
Navigator Games is a successful Vancouver-based RPG Studio founded on the values of excellence, respect, ownership, collaboration and fun. If you are passionate about mobile gaming, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
The Concept Artist helps conceptualize the visual content of all projects assigned to you, including Illustration, Mood board, Storyboard, Characters, Sets, Props for Production, and Marketing proposals. We are looking for an artist who shares our passion for creating wonderful new locations and characters for fantasy worlds. This full-time position requires seamless collaboration with discipline leads and other team members to meet deadlines while maintaining high visual qualities. Artistic talent, experience, effective communication and teamwork are essential components of a successful applicant.
- Create high quality concepts, illustrations, and designs of characters, props and special decor elements;
- Design environmental studies, atmospheric elements and screen overlays (paintovers);
- Take account of technical constraints and limitations to propose realistic concepts;
- Proficient at creating drawings to serve as specs for 3D modelers, i.e. turn-arounds, orthographic renders, material guides, etc.;
- Create solid illustrations and renders of game elements to serve as guides to 3D Artists, inspirational guides, for marketing purposes;
- Collaborate and iterate with a passionate in-house team crafting games for mobile and tablet devices;
- Follow the existing style and assist in asset creation, ensuring concept art meets technical and visual quality standards;
- Develops conceptual ideas from scratch, providing in depth research and reference materials;
- Works collaboratively with diverse teams consisting of technical artists, artists, engineers and designers;
- Clearly documents workflows that will be used by internal and external teams, experience with Jira and Confluence a plus;
- Participates in production and art team meetings, brainstorming, art reviews, critiques;
- Keeps up to date on the latest industry standard tools, workflows, and techniques;
- Deliver artwork and elements within deadlines set by production.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of a broad mix of character related disciplines such as modeling, texturing, shading, rigging & binding, animation, and blend shapes.
- Interprets 2D reference material into 3D textured and surfaced models
- 3+ years experience with concept design/visual development experience in video games
- A Bachelor’s degree in art, animation or a related field.
- Previous experience with Perforce and Unity a must.
- Important skills in conceptual art with a good understanding of perspective, form, color, light and atmosphere
- Advanced experience with digital illustration software (IE: Photoshop)
- Working familiarity with Scrum/Agile project processes
- Self-motivated, collaborative attitude in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
At Navigator Games, we pride ourselves on creating a dynamic and supportive space for all We are committed to promoting equal employment opportunities.
This is a full time permanent position at our downtown Vancouver Studio.
Your application has been successfully submitted.