This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a motivated Automation Engineer, you build innovative automation solutions that drive quality tools for the development team.This individual has a keen eye for detail and enjoys solving complex software testing problems involving distributed systems and big data applications. This role works with other team members to iterate and refine systems, designs and code.
The Automation Engineering team is responsible for establishing a culture of quality by refining and enforcing quality standards and processes. As a key member of a collaborative team, this person develops tools and frameworks that enable the rest of the organization to deliver high quality applications.
- Design and develop testing infrastructure for the development team to drive efficiencies in software, services and data platforms
- Integrate the testing tools with continuous integration and continuous deployment systems to shorten the feedback loop.
- Build tools and automation to enhance serviceability and observability of our applications and services
- Collaborate with designers, artists and developers from the start of each release to brainstorm technical solutions for development efficiency.
- Work with the development team to schedule and estimate tasks, identify high risk items, prioritize dependencies and flag problems as they arise.
- Create, optimize, and refactor automated test scripts for client-server and web applications
- Design, develop, write, test extensible, performant and robust code.
- Contribute to the maintenance and optimization of existing products as required.
- Ensure all code created is robust, maintainable, and meets or exceeds established coding standards/conventions.
- Identify and communicate technical problems/limitations and any potential solutions/tradeoffs to leadership.
- Monitor automation processes and prepare defect status reports
- Develop automated tests using Gatling,Selenium, Webdriver, nUnit, SQL, C# and/or other scripting languages
- Write automation and perform Web, API, UI, functional, regression, smoke, black box, load, performance and end-to-end testing
- Write and/or modify SQL queries to perform database validations
- Work with functional teams in reducing error rates and perform root cause analysis of errors/trends
- Work with support, stakeholders and developers to aid in replication of software defects.
- Make suggestions/contributions for the improvement of software testing/quality
- Contribute in meetings, Scrums, and other inter-team interaction.
- Provide software and hardware capability assessments to outside departments.
- Research and make recommendations to the group regarding new technology available and its proper application.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering or mathematics
- 3+ Years of relevant experience working in a fast-paced, small-mid team environment
- Unity Game development (at least one game shipped using Unity is preferred)
- Understanding of how to live operate mobile games is an asset
- Ramp up quickly on new technologies and engines as required by a particular project.
- Excellent understanding of software engineering principles and problem solving techniques
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to deliver projects on time
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, self starting personality
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Hands on experience with Automated and manual test execution
- Experience with Test, Automation tools like Selenium, JMeter and Incident Management tools (e.g. TFS and MS Test Manager, Altiris, JIRA, Selenium)
At Navigator Games, we pride ourselves on creating a dynamic and supportive space for all We are committed to promoting equal employment opportunities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are experts at building and operating high quality RPGs with a principal focus on brand authenticity with AAA blockbuster music, comic and movie fr...