Senior Unity Developer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Navigator Games is a successful Vancouver-based RPG Studio founded on the values of excellence, respect, ownership, collaboration and fun. If you are passionate about mobile gaming, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
As a Sr Unity Developer, you are driven to program, optimize new and existing systems and game features through careful analysis and creative problem-solving.This person will own features from “end to end”, championing excellence. The Sr Unity Developer has a collaborative mindset, driving product development with the development and production teams.
- Knowledgeable on how to profile, analyze, and improve performance, from low-level limitations to high-level architectural decisions
- Design, develop, write, test extensible, performant and robust code
- Designing responsive games that work on all devices, in all network conditions
- Implementing ‘full stack’ code from Front End through the simulation layer up to the server / database level and back again
- Work with designers, artists and other team members involved in the development of products
- Anticipate, identify and articulate problem areas and develop preventative solutions
- Contribute to the maintenance and optimization of existing products as required
- Ensure all code created is robust, maintainable, and meets or exceeds established coding standards/conventions
- Identify and communicate technical problems/limitations and any potential solutions/tradeoffs to leadership
- Work with production to schedule and estimate tasks, identify high risk items, prioritize dependencies and flag problems as they arise
- Writing automated tests for new features and bug fixes
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer systems, software engineering or mathematics
- 5+ Years of relevant experience working in a fast-paced, small-mid team environment
- Experience developing and releasing features in Unity-based games and applications
- Understanding of how to live operate mobile games is an asset
- Experience with iOS and/or Android development processes with at least one shipped mobile game
- Ramp up quickly on new technologies and engines as required by a particular project.
- Excellent understanding of software engineering principles and problem solving techniques
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to deliver projects on time
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, self starting personality
At Navigator Games, we pride ourselves on creating a dynamic and supportive space for all We are committed to promoting equal employment opportunities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.