Senior Unity Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Navigator Games is a successful Vancouver-based RPG Studio founded on the values of excellence, respect, ownership, collaboration and fun. If you are passionate about mobile gaming, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
As a Sr Unity Developer, you are driven to program, optimize new and existing systems and game features through careful analysis and creative problem-solving.This person will own features from “end to end”, championing excellence. The Sr Unity Developer has a collaborative mindset, driving product development with the development and production teams.
- Knowledgeable on how to profile, analyze, and improve performance, from low-level limitations to high-level architectural decisions
- Design, develop, write, test extensible, performant and robust code
- Designing responsive games that work on all devices, in all network conditions
- Implementing ‘full stack’ code from Front End through the simulation layer up to the server / database level and back again
- Work with designers, artists and other team members involved in the development of products
- Anticipate, identify and articulate problem areas and develop preventative solutions
- Contribute to the maintenance and optimization of existing products as required
- Ensure all code created is robust, maintainable, and meets or exceeds established coding standards/conventions
- Identify and communicate technical problems/limitations and any potential solutions/tradeoffs to leadership
- Work with production to schedule and estimate tasks, identify high risk items, prioritize dependencies and flag problems as they arise
- Writing automated tests for new features and bug fixes
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer systems, software engineering or mathematics
- 5+ Years of relevant experience working in a fast-paced, small-mid team environment
- Experience developing and releasing features in Unity-based games and applications
- Understanding of how to live operate mobile games is an asset
- Experience with iOS and/or Android development processes with at least one shipped mobile game
- Ramp up quickly on new technologies and engines as required by a particular project.
- Excellent understanding of software engineering principles and problem solving techniques
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to deliver projects on time
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, self starting personality
At Navigator Games, we pride ourselves on creating a dynamic and supportive space for all We are committed to promoting equal employment opportunities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are experts at building and operating high quality RPGs with a principal focus on brand authenticity with AAA blockbuster music, comic and movie fr...