Quality Assurance Tester
Vancouver, BC, Canada Remote
Navigator Games is a successful Vancouver-based RPG Studio founded on the values of excellence, respect, ownership, collaboration and fun. If you are passionate about mobile gaming, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
The Quality Assurance Tester performs a vital role as the first line of defense, reporting on usability, playability and identifying areas of the game which could be improved. Testers are responsible for assuring quality in the final product and for finding issues in a product before it goes public.
- Identify software defects, run test cases and verify fixes
- Inform test plan creation to ensure complete testing coverage for our games
- Effectively communicate the progress and or updates status to management and Studio
- Help manage the project database; ensuring high quality on bug entry, timely response on requests for more information, and proper bug flow
- Report feedback from clients customer satisfaction to management
- Test in fast-paced environment with both long and short development cycles
- Participate in review of requirements and designs
- Collaborate with designers, producers and engineers in defining testing risks
- Support live rapid deployment online service
- Other duties as the company may assign from time to time.
- Our ideal candidate will have 3+ years of quality assurance experience in the games industry, with a strong preference for mobile games testing.
- Experience in the free to play mobile RPG market is a plus.
- Strong proficiency with bug database software (such as Jira) and test suite management software (such as TestRail) is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and familiarity with both iOS and Android
- Previous experience with version control software (such as Perforce and SVN) and development software such as Unity is an asset, as is working with back end game admin and server tools.
- Familiarity and experience with using data and tuning sheets directly to inform testing will be considered a bonus.
At Navigator Games, we pride ourselves on creating a dynamic and supportive space for all. We are committed to promoting equal employment opportunities.
In response to the preventative measures to reduce risk of COVID-19, our team is currently working 100% remote. When we resume normal business operations, we have opportunities for employees to work in the office or continue to work remotely in BC.
Your application has been successfully submitted.