Front End Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Navigator Games is a successful Vancouver-based RPG Studio founded on the values of excellence, respect, ownership, collaboration and fun. If you are passionate about mobile gaming, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
The Engineering team is responsible for establishing a culture of quality by refining and enforcing quality standards and processes.The Front End Developer has a passion for solving complex software problems and has a keen eye for developing strategies to continuously improve game performance.
- Design, code, test, debug and document high quality software
- Contribute to the maintenance and optimization of existing products as required
- Work with the development team to schedule and estimate tasks, identify high risk items, prioritize dependencies and flag problems as they arise
- Ensure all code created is robust, maintainable, and meets or exceeds established coding standards/conventions
- Identify and communicate technical problems or limitations with a solution-oriented approach
- Ramp up quickly on new technologies and engines as required by a particular project.
- Excellent understanding of software engineering principles and problem solving techniques
- Work closely with producers, artists, designers and other programmers in a highly collaborative and agile environment
- Build and support tools that improve the workflows of artists, designers, and other programmers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering or mathematics
- 3+ Years of industry experience in development
- Unity Game development (at least one game shipped using Unity is preferred)
- Understanding of how to live operate mobile games is an asset
- Highly motivated, self starting personality
- Familiarity with React and Webpack, bonus experience with Angular and ReactNative
- Enjoys working in a collaborative fast-paced team environment
- Experience working in an Agile environment
At Navigator Games, we pride ourselves on creating a dynamic and supportive space for all We are committed to promoting equal employment opportunities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are experts at building and operating high quality RPGs with a principal focus on brand authenticity with AAA blockbuster music, comic and movie fr...