Intermediate Client-Side Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Intermediate Client-Side Engineer
We are looking for an Intermediate Software Engineer with strong game development experience to tackle a variety of technical tasks for LBC Studios’ portfolio of games, including the world’s best weed-growing game, Hempire. The successful candidate will be a seasoned professional who is equally at home speaking to anyone on our close-knit development team to hash out a complex problem efficiently, as they are putting their head down and crushing that complex code that will run our in-game events and keep the lights on in the studio. The successful candidate can define requirements, scope technical work, and deliver their work to a high degree of quality each and every sprint with the support of a great team.
- Execute tasks independently and provide end-to-end process management of technical tasks
- Contribute to feedback on process and direction
- Balance and solve problems of product design, development, and data needs
- Work with designers, artists, engineers, production, and QA professionals to help drive game features from concept through to the shipped product
- Provide technical contribution to a team of seasoned developers skilled in front-end technologies
- Ability to scope and define project requirements
- Optimize game performance
- Develop tools, features, and pipelines to be used in the development process
- Collaborate with project leads to establish engineering tasks and schedules
- At least three years’ development experience on mobile game teams
- At least three years’ development using Unity and C#
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle management: assess, develop, debug, and maintain code
- Advanced abilities in scoping and defining project requirements alongside creative and non-technical team members
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with team members to identify, produce, and deliver tasks on time
- Comfortable working using the SCRUM/Agile methodology and in fast-paced environment
- Expertise with GIT for source code management is preferred
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment to deliver high-quality work products
- Ability to contribute to detailed system design and technical specifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of self-motivation and initiative, and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and quickly acquire proficiency with new skills
- Working proficiency in English
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Downtown office, steps from the skytrain, with unlimited snacks, coffee, and beer
- Flexible scheduling
- Work from home one day a week
- Competitive compensation
- Growth and team-focused company culture
- Access to a health-spending account in lieu of benefits
LBC Studios is a private company located in Vancouver, British Columbia (operating remotely and in downtown Vancouver) and was founded in February, 2015 by Solon Bucholtz and Dennis Molloy. LBC was founded with the sole purpose of the creation and development of the first AAA-quality, marijuana-themed mobile application for Apple, Android, and Amazon platforms. That game is Hempire.
Hempire was launched on April 4, 2017, has been downloaded nearly 10 million times, and has earned a 4.8 overall rating on the App and Play Stores. With Hempire’s success, LBC Studios has grown into a team of 25 people comprising more than a century of game-production experience. Above all we value open communication, data-driven decisions, unparalleled individual freedoms balanced with complete disciplinary ownership, and the cultivation of a positive culture both inside the studio and with our community of fans.
Our team members have been integral to the production of more than 100 titles ranging from console hits in EA’s Need For Speed, Battlefield, and FIFA franchises, to mobile hits like East Side Games’ Trailer Park Boys Greasy Money and Zynga’s Frontierville. And, of course, we are always working on our next big thing.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
LBC Studios first mobile app "Hempire" was launched worldwide on April 20, 2017. 1 in 1000 Canadians have downloaded @HempireGame . #WeGrowGames