This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are searching for a Data Analyst to join our growing game studio. As the face of LBC Experimentation as Service efforts, you’ll work with data and teams from across the organization. You will have opportunities to work on a variety of problems that touch on every element of the development and marketing of LBC’s games.
This is a full-time in-office role with the possibility of some remote work. Temporarily remote due to COVID-19
- Model game and business processes
- Help teams develop KPIs that meaningful decisions can be made from
- Design and maintain dashboards
- Interact with cross-functional teams across the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mathematics, statistics, quantitative social science, computer science, or other applied sciences (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of experience conducting quantitative analysis (industry and/or academia)
- Interest in building knowledge of game design concepts, measuring game performance, marketing
- Demonstrated competence in statistics, probability, and other relevant areas of mathematics
- Ability to communicate technical subjects to non-technical audiences
- Intermediate experience with data visualization tools (D3, ggplot2, Vega, Tableau etc)
- Intermediate experience with SQL
- Intermediate experience with a language used for data manipulation (Python, R, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Downtown office, steps from the Skytrain, with unlimited snacks, coffee, and beer
- Flexible scheduling
- Work from home one day a week
- Competitive compensation
- Growth and team-focused company culture
- Access to a health-spending account in lieu of benefits
LBC Studios is a private company located in Vancouver, British Columbia (operating remotely and in downtown Vancouver) and was founded in February, 2015 by Solon Bucholtz and Dennis Molloy. LBC was founded with the sole purpose of the creation and development of the first AAA-quality, marijuana-themed mobile application for Apple, Android, and Amazon platforms. That game is Hempire.
Hempire was launched on April 4, 2017, has been downloaded nearly 10 million times, and has earned a 4.8 overall rating on the App and Play Stores. With Hempire’s success, LBC Studios has grown into a team of over 25 people comprising more than a century of game-production experience. Above all we value open communication, data-driven decisions, unparalleled individual freedoms balanced with complete disciplinary ownership, and the cultivation of a positive culture both inside the studio and with our community of fans.
Our team members have been integral to the production of more than 100 titles ranging from console hits in EA’s Need For Speed, Battlefield, and FIFA franchises, to mobile hits like East Side Games’ Trailer Park Boys Greasy Money and Zynga’s Frontierville. And, of course, we are always working on our next big thing.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
LBC Studios first mobile app "Hempire" was launched worldwide on April 20, 2017. 1 in 1000 Canadians have downloaded @HempireGame . #WeGrowGames