Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are seeking an experienced Data Engineer to join our growing game studio. Games provide a rich domain for data collection and analysis. You will have a variety of interesting and exciting problems to solve, bringing heterogeneous data into a form that can be used to make decisions that affect the development and marketing of LBC’s games.
This is a full-time in-office role with the possibility of some remote work. Temporarily remote due to COVID-19
- Integrate data from diverse sources by maintaining batch and real-time data processing systems.
- Provide data services to support experiments, reporting, and data visualization.
- Continuously improve the quality and availability of data.
- Interact with cross-functional teams across the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics or other applied sciences (or equivalent experience)
- Interest in building knowledge of game design concepts, measuring game performance, marketing
- 3+ years of experience in a similar data-centric role
- Strong experience with SQL
- Strong experience with a language used for data manipulation (Python, R, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated competence in statistics, probability, and other relevant areas of mathematics
Bonus if you have:
- Interest in a functional language such as Haskell, F#, or Scala
- Experience working with AWS and Azure
- Experience with Tableau (or other Visual Analytics tools) is an asset
- Familiarity with free-to-play game design concepts, measuring game performance, and mobile app marketing are assets
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Downtown office, steps from the skytrain, with unlimited snacks, coffee, and beer
- Flexible scheduling
- Work from home one day a week
- Competitive compensation
- Growth and team-focused company culture
- Access to a health-spending account in lieu of benefits
LBC Studios is a private company located in Vancouver, British Columbia (operating remotely and in downtown Vancouver) and was founded in February, 2015 by Solon Bucholtz and Dennis Molloy. LBC was founded with the sole purpose of the creation and development of the first AAA-quality, marijuana-themed mobile application for Apple, Android, and Amazon platforms. That game is Hempire.
Hempire was launched on April 4, 2017, has been downloaded nearly 10 million times, and has earned a 4.8 overall rating on the App and Play Stores. With Hempire’s success, LBC Studios has grown into a team of over 25 people comprising more than a century of game-production experience. Above all we value open communication, data-driven decisions, unparalleled individual freedoms balanced with complete disciplinary ownership, and the cultivation of a positive culture both inside the studio and with our community of fans.
Our team members have been integral to the production of more than 100 titles ranging from console hits in EA’s Need For Speed, Battlefield, and FIFA franchises, to mobile hits like East Side Games’ Trailer Park Boys Greasy Money and Zynga’s Frontierville. And, of course, we are always working on our next big thing.
Your application has been successfully submitted.