SAP iXp Intern - Assembly and Build Operations Job
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Date: Sep 29, 2020
City: Vancouver, BC, CA, V6B 1A9
Requisition ID: 263137
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Project is a paid program that gives university students the space to find purpose in their careers. We believe that through placing passionate people on the right teams, providing leadership and learning opportunities, and working on impactful projects, purpose is born. Piqued your interest?
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp:
- No more fetching coffee: Work on in-depth projects, emerging products and technologies that drive business results.
- Lifelong learning: Meet with mentors, make new friends, and attend learning sessions from diverse subject matter experts.
- Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs, and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
What you’ll do:
Position Title: SAP iXp Intern - Assembly and Build Operations
Expected start date to end date: January 4, 2020 - September 3, 2021
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Production Services Team provides its services for all SAP products enabling development teams to deliver Customer and Cloud Ready Innovations in highest Quality.
Our sub-team Non-ABAP Assembly builds software components for SAP’s Cloud, traditional OnPremise and Mobile applications using different source code management systems and build processes. Our tasks consist of new Release Assembly, Support Package and Patch Assembly, build operations, code signing and consulting for development teams for assembly and delivery processes.
Processes are continuously adapted to requirements of new SAP products and technologies.
Our team is represented in Germany, Canada, France, Russia and India.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- After an intensive on-the-job training in a highly motivated team you’ll directly step in our daily tasks.
- You will be responsible building and publishing software packages &/or mobile Apps, analysing errors and tracking solutions of errors, planning and performing deployment tests. You will be involved in the complete lifecycle of our products: development phase, shipment and maintenance processes.
- You will be helping us with the Vancouver Data Centre Move gaining technical experience in all different Operating System levels.
- You will closely work together with global Development, Quality Management, Translation and Infrastructure teams, gaining a strong network within the SAP organization.
- You will be involved in customer tickets and in the delivery of Software artefacts to our customers.
- As a developer we will be using your resource for our internal automation efforts helping us to innovate and improve/standardize our build processes
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Currently matriculated in a computer science, engineering, natural science or related subject
- Analytical thinking and tackling complex issues
- Methodical and independent working mode
- Service and customer orientation
- Experience with development, build and publishing of mobile Apps, source code management systems (e.g. Git/Gerrit)
What you can expect from us:
- An internship packed full of events to ensure you understand our technologies, our competitive landscape, our culture and our leadership philosophy
- Community of mentors and volunteer engagement teams to join and lead
- Collaborative open-concept work environment in the heart of Yaletown
- Games room, fitness classes, massage therapist, and 24/7 access to onsite gym
- Well-stocked snacks, coffee, teas, sodas and candy
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Intern, SAP, Engineer, Operations, Entry Level, Technology, Engineering
Your application has been successfully submitted.