Senior Test Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Test Engineer
Markham, ON, Canada ● Mississauga, ON, Canada ● Toronto, ON, Canada ● Virtual Req #6959
Wednesday, September 16, 2020
Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Reporting to the Development Manager, the Sr. Test Engineer is primarily responsible for ensuring the quality of deliverables throughout the agile development lifecycle.
The Test Engineer is a coder who is primarily responsible for creating automated tests and improving code testability. You are passionate about software quality and enjoy refactoring automation framework to make it more efficient.
You enjoy working as a team to identify which areas of the application to focus our automation efforts and increase code coverage. By working closely with our QA analyst and developers, the automated tests you write will help determine if the software is ready for production.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing innovator in a technically challenging and rewarding role. Through our training and mentoring program, you will develop deep technical expertise and gain valuable business and software development in test related experience.
- Actively participate in continuous application improvements by developing automate tests
- Coordinate with developers, QA analysts and product owners to produce stable, maintainable and reliable automated tests
- Ensure automated tests are effectively covering new product features and associated requirements
- Analyze automated test results and improve automated test coverage to maintain product quality
- Improve and implement automation framework code to expand automated test coverage
- Be adaptable in learning new methodologies and technologies to improve the automated testing processes
- Become a product expert in functional and technical knowledge in all areas
- University degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in enterprise software development
- Experience and knowledge in Object Oriented Programming using C#
- Solid experience in writing maintainable code and creating automated test scripts for tools such as rest assured API testing
- Proficiency with SQL and an understanding of relational database system
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a team setting with minimal supervision
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and excellent understanding of the development process
- Inquisitive attitude a must
- Proficient in testing of mobile applications (iOS and Android)
- Proficient in testing of server web API endpoints
- Experience working with Fintech or payments application software, with full life cycle product testing and regression testing.
- Experience with performance testing and Azure Test Plans is a plus
- Experience with performance testing and xUnit is a plus
- Experience working with enterprise cloud application in HCM or Payroll space is a plus
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
@Ceridian is an award-winning human capital management technology company serving organizations across the globe. Ceridian Makes Work Life Better™