Software Developer in Test (SDET), Dayforce Assistant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Software Developer in Test (SDET), Dayforce Assistant
Calgary, AB, Canada ● Halifax, NS, Canada ● Markham, ON, Canada ● Mississauga, ON, Canada ● Ottawa, ON, Canada ● Toronto, ON, Canada ● Winnipeg, MB, Canada ● Virtual Req #6637
Tuesday, September 22, 2020
Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Are you a creative thinker who enjoys solving problems and finding innovative solutions? Are you a software developer in test (SDET) who strives to refine their working code into impeccable code? Do you like to be part of a team that grows together and pushes software to its next level, while having fun? If so, then the following position may be a great fit for you.
Reporting to the Development Manager of the Dayforce Assistant team, the Software Developer in Test will join a scrum team focused on building the Dayforce Assistant, a device agnostic conversational assistant for our award-winning SaaS application, Dayforce.
Our goal is to develop new and exciting ways for users to interact with Dayforce and to make their work life better. This requires a focus on the user experience and an eye towards emerging technologies.
The Dayforce Assistant technology stack includes .Net Core, Redis, Microsoft Azure hosted services, and NLP services. The Dayforce Assistant is accessible from Google Assistant and the Dayforce mobile application.
The Software Developer in Test is a coder who is primarily responsible for creating automated tests and improving code testability. You are passionate about software quality and enjoy refactoring an automation framework to make it more efficient. You enjoy working as a team to identify which areas of the application to focus our automation efforts and increase code coverage. By working closely with our QA analysts and developers, the automated tests you write will help determine if the software is ready for production. In this role you will:
• Actively participate in continuous application improvements by developing automated tests
• Coordinate with developers, QA analysts and product owners to produce stable, maintainable and reliable automated tests
• Ensure automated tests are effectively covering new product features and associated requirements
• Analyze automated test results and improve automated test coverage to maintain product quality
• Improve and implement automation framework code to expand automated test coverage
• Be adaptable in learning new methodologies and technologies to improve the automated testing processes
• Become a product expert in functional and technical knowledge in all areas
• Develop, maintain, execute manual and automated test cases using existing tools (Visual Studio) at various levels including database validation, UI validation and integration and mobile device testing
• Continually expand manual and automated tests by documenting test cases and increasing automated code coverage by creating automation scripts that assist in functional and regression testing
• University degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of experience in enterprise software development
• Experience and knowledge in Object Oriented Programming using C# / Java
• Solid experience in writing maintainable code and creating automated test scripts for backend tools
• Proficiency with SQL and an understanding of relational database system
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work in a team setting with minimal supervision
• Experience working in an Agile development environment and excellent understanding of the software development life cycle
• Experience testing of chatbots
• Hands on experience with version control system like Git or Bitbucket
• Inquisitive attitude a must!
• Experience with frameworks in .NET, such as XUnit or NUnit, Robot Framework or similar
• Experience with performance testing with JMeter
• Understanding of CI/CD principle and experience of running/managing test in automated pipeline
• Experience working with enterprise cloud application in HCM or Payroll space
• Experience working in HCM or Payroll space is a big plus
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
@Ceridian is an award-winning human capital management technology company serving organizations across the globe. Ceridian Makes Work Life Better™