Toronto, ON, Canada
Greater Toronto Area, ON, Canada ● Markham, ON, Canada ● Mississauga, ON, Canada ● Toronto, ON, Canada Req #7010
Wednesday, September 23, 2020
Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
About the Position:
Team members in this role are responsible for delivering business-to-business application support to Dayforce's Major Market clients. The Application Specialist is supporting our large market accounts using Dayforce. This role will collaborate with client administrators as well as internal Ceridian Development, QA, and Services teams to champion client priorities and drive incidents to closure. These roles will combine strong technical and functional problem-solving skills with a keen business sense to deliver world-class client-focused support.
- Providing efficient and effective response and resolution to incidents within internal and externally driven SLAs.
- Taking a project management approach to work to meet tight deadlines; work extensively on product performance related issues and provide recommendations keeping the broader client impact in mind
- Developing solid product expertise and industry experience
- Maintaining the highest level of client satisfaction and client engagement by providing proactive support and consistently exceeding expectations that contribute to strong client relationships
- Producing high quality training material and come up with creative solutions/out of box thinking to address issues
- Monitoring client production environments
- Reproducing and meticulously documenting software defects that are only experienced due to corner cases used by Enterprise clients
- Assisting in a wide variety of operational projects including:
- Technical and scripting tasks
- Helping clients' transition to support while utilizing best practices in coordination with internal Ceridian teams
- Enhancing the client support experience by resolving ‘issues’ vs. ‘cases’
- Optimizing internal processes and procedures
- Demonstrating a high level of client engagement and developing strong relationships with key clients
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant software/computer related fields
- Strong proficiency with SQL and an understanding of relational database systems. A higher level of product and SQL knowledge to:
- support complex configurations
- advanced troubleshooting skills
- take multiple permutations into consideration while testing proposed changes
- complete root cause analysis
- very frequently perform tasks to complete retroactive changes caused by product defects
- Typically, 2+ years of support experience in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Superior communication, organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams (Dev, Hosting, DBA, CO etc) and superior communication skills to connect with these teams
- Debugging proficiency, including ability to read and debug code
- Familiarity with Microsoft Server Technology (e.g.; Windows / SQL Server)
- Exposure to hosting and change management protocols
- Experience supporting HRMS, Payroll, or Workforce Management applications
- Completion of CPA Payroll Compliance Legislation and Payroll Fundamentals are a plus
- French language skills are a plus
- Silverlight / HTML
Working Environment & Physical Demands:
- General office environment with frequent flexibility to work from home
- Ability to work flexible hours and a willingness to carry work phone every 2-3 months from Friday – Sunday
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.