Business Development Executive
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Business Development Executive
Calgary, AB, Canada ● Canada ● Charlottetown, PE, Canada ● Halifax, NS, Canada ● Markham, ON, Canada ● Mississauga, ON, Canada ● Ottawa, ON, Canada ● Toronto, ON, Canada ● Winnipeg, MB, Canada Req #7067
Wednesday, September 23, 2020
Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
About the Position:
The Business Development Executive (BDE) is a critical role and extension of our direct sales force. The BDE is responsible for creating appointments for Ceridian direct sales force specific to Human Capital Management payroll and HR Solutions to vertical specific new business accounts (500-5,999 employees) through daily outbound cold calling, as well as targeted telephone, email, webinar, social media, face to face event and tradeshow initiatives. BDE should communicate effectively in both written and oral form; maintain attention and actively listens to others' ideas and thoughts; and possess organization skills needed to accomplish daily work goals. Documenting and tracking activity in our CRM system and using our marketing automation tools are integral to this job. Having the ability to analyze territories in Excel using pivot table functionality to draw conclusions on gaps is a success factor. A key to being successful is the ability to contact prospects and make a good connection that results in an appointment to meet with Ceridian. Some travel may be required for corporate and sales team meetings.
- Build rapport via telephone, social media and email over a long term, multi-touch, nurturing approach.
- Partner with 2-3 Sales Reps to strategically target accounts in vertical specific territory and identify potential opportunities for Ceridian’s solutions that meet specific sales qualification criteria.
- Multi-tasking skills are critical to manage calendar, campaigns, timely follow-up and engagement with Sales Reps
- Ability to assess current prospecting approach, determine if working/not working and adjust strategy to course correct for success is important. Adjust behavior for success.
- Grasp and relay our value and competitive advantages in conversation and email communication with prospects by highlighting our differentiators without mention of our competitors by name.
- Understand targeted prospect’s Human Capital Management needs. New hires will be trained on current Ceridian products, processes, industry trends and any relevant skills needed for the role.
- Consistently leverage CRM, social media, and automation tools/processes to find opportunities and capture market share via a systematic and disciplined approach.
- Gather key information to update Salesforce.com CRM and assign a nurture path strategy.
- Leverage marketing automation tool, Marketo, and support lead generation efforts driven by campaigns, direct mail, tradeshows, social media, face to face events, and webinars to engage prospects in discussions about Ceridian.
- Follow standard operating procedures to capture all relevant information in Salesforce.com to track first call appointments and follow-up activity.
- Daily activities will require on-going expertise in overall value proposition tied to Ceridian’s suite of products and services and the ability to discuss the technology used to deliver all of Ceridian’s solutions.
- Manage and develop relationships with HR, Payroll, Finance, Operations and IT company leaders.
- Identify and build out companies in SFDC to include and have conversations with all levels of IT, HR, Payroll, Recruiting, Operations, Finance, and Benefits level contacts.
- Hold a deep level of understanding about the prospect’s evaluation cycle and buying process and stay in front of prospects until they are ready to purchase.
- Have in depth conversations with C level executives about the value Ceridian HCM provides companies. Share customer success stories and nurture C level executives over a period of time
- Use direct mail content to distribute targeted mailers to prospects. Follow-up with emails and phone calls to elicit interest in reviewing partnership with Ceridian.
- Territory analysis and gap identification on contacts, vendor information, employee count. Create plan to fill gaps.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred - or equivalent work experience.
- Strong prospecting and business needs analysis skills.
- Ability to develop and perform against a territory plan.
- Understands large/enterprise market business models.
- Excellent communications, presentation, and people skills are essential.
- Proven organizational skills and highly self-disciplined.
- Computer proficiency with standard office applications expertise is required.
- Excellent time management skills critical to success.
- Tenacious, driven to succeed attitude, entrepreneurial spirit, team-success oriented.
- Highly adaptable and able to manage through change.
- 2+ years of prospecting experience in a business-to-business environment.
- Payroll/HRIS direct selling experience is strong qualification but not required.
- Experience in working with and selling to Senior HR and C-level roles.
- Previous phone sales/appointment setting experience a plus.
- Expertise in Salesforce.com for CRM and Marketo for marketing automation is a plus.
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
@Ceridian is an award-winning human capital management technology company serving organizations across the globe. Ceridian Makes Work Life Better™