Sr. Technical Instructional Designer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Sr. Technical Instructional Designer
Calgary, AB, Canada ● Canada ● Charlottetown, PE, Canada ● Halifax, NS, Canada ● Markham, ON, Canada ● Mississauga, ON, Canada ● Ottawa, ON, Canada ● Toronto, ON, Canada ● Winnipeg, MB, Canada Req #7039
Friday, September 25, 2020
Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
About the Position:
The Instructional Designer role is responsible for the design and development of Instructor-led and Virtual training outputs delivered to clients, employees, and partners. Course topics can include domain knowledge and software products, including complex configuration, imports, exports, and analytics. The Instructional Designer will collaborate with a cross functional team of subject matter experts and education team members to define the required learning objectives, determine the optimal learning path, and rapidly develop course materials integrating the appropriate technology options.
- Design and develop learning content to engage learners, to facilitate behavior change, and/or to transfer knowledge. Learning content may include eLearning courses, job aids, and presentations, to be delivered via the LMS, instructor-led, or virtual instructor-led, as appropriate.
- Work with subject matter experts to identify target audience’s training needs.
- Translate training needs into learning outcomes and objectives and create solutions to address them.
- Analyze and apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design.
- Develop course materials for classroom and virtual delivery.
- Develop process overviews, polling questions, and review questions.
- Deliver train-the-trainer sessions as required to prepare instructors for course delivery.
- Support the Certification Program Manager with question development and other certification materials.
- Review course ratings and effectiveness to drive improvements in training effectiveness.
- Provide guidance and a unifying voice during course development to project teams that include content developers and subject matter experts.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently while maintaining project documentation and course folders.
- Maintain courseware with ongoing changes to Ceridian’s products and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Development, English, Journalism, Technical Communications, or equivalent experience
- 6-10 years of experience required in instructional design methodologies, adult learning principles, and design media production
- Superior knowledge of appropriate use of content development tools such as Articulate 360, Camtasia, Word, PowerPoint, SnagIt, etc.
- Experience working in a software development environment preferred
- Experience with XML, SQL, and analytics preferred
- Experience with payroll, benefits, or human resources content a plus
- Ability to learn new applications, processes, and technologies quickly
- Adaptable and creative with organizational change and initiatives
- Excellent organizational, self-management, and time management skills
- Proven ability to respond to last minute changes and requests
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong interviewing skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment that involves multiple SMEs
- Self-motivation and ability to work with general guidance
- Capability to create standards, norms, templates to aid yourself and the team
- Project Management skills a plus
Working Environment/Physical Demands:
- General office environment and/or the option to work from home
- Sitting a majority of the day
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.