Senior Product Manager
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Senior Product Manager
The TELUS Business Solutions Product Team is looking for a talented, driven, passionate individual with strong analytical, interpersonal, and collaboration skills. The ideal candidate will be inquisitive, curious and not afraid to try different approaches to solve a problem. Most critical will be the ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders across various marketing, finance, sales and operations.
Your focus will be developing and overseeing strategic partnerships aligned to business mandate and work very closely with the internal and partner teams executing on the strategy to ensure effectiveness. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in technology and services industry with a focus on partner evaluation and ecosystem build-outs.
- Overall end-to-end product ownership of Managed Service Solutions focused on Emerging/Evolving Requirements
- Manage Planning and Delivery of Projects/Initiatives for Managed Services Evolution
- Develop Strategic, Operational, Financial and Value Chain Enablement Plans for the Managed Services
- Develop competitive differentiation and benchmarking against TELUS' competitors, as well as revenue retention strategies
- Develop Forecasting revenues and units by product and customer segments
- Develop/Support Execution of Product/Technology/Services and Operational Roadmap
- Develop/Support Execution of New Product Service Introduction Objectives
- Develop internal processes to drive and improve Customer Experience on Managed Premise Solutions domain
- Provide product expertise to as well as lead national, cross-functional Value Chain Team
- Develop and Implement industry-leading product & pricing strategies to maximize profit growth and retention
- Manage revenue and product KPI targets
- Optimize product profitability by establishing competitive price structures that capture value in the market, and meeting product and process rationalization and optimization targets
- Manage the performance of Service Delivery for the Portfolio
- Experience in technology and services market research, focused on Partnership opportunity identification and Partner funnel development
- Experience building an ecosystem of strategic Partners in support of new market development
- Experience with Service Integration & Management and integrated digital platforms and services strategy.
- Strong technical background, possessing the ability to understand new market needs and identifying sound technology solutions / Partners that satisfy new market needs
- Strong Technology Background including competitive understanding of Premise, Cloud and Managed Services
- Strong Knowledge of Vendor solution offerings, Cisco, Microsoft, Avaya and others
- Strong Knowledge of Project Management, Lean Methodology, Six Sigma and Process Efficiency Operationalization
- Strong Knowledge on sourcing and contracting partner, team agreements, contracting models and review process
Required Skills & Abilities
- Strong analytical, mathematical and financial acumen skills; business analysis, analytics and process engineering
- Strong and thorough knowledge of marketing principles and the relationships between pricing, share, value propositions, and demand drivers
- Superior research and presentation skills with the ability to present strategic options in a clear concise manner
- Ability to thrive in virtual team environment, provide clarity when faced with ambiguity, and work productively with a wide variety of people
- Entrepreneurial spirit which will drive passionate ownership, process improvement and accountability for the product/portfolio
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple, simultaneous projects and initiatives in the portfolio and work within an environment of rapid change and evolving priorities
- Committed to personal development, time management, and continuous learning
- Ability to track and organize projects and financials
- Ability to take initiative and be self-directed, adaptable and innovative
- Strong presentation skills to a wide variety of audiences
- Strong program and project management skills
- Highly adept at using MS Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access)
- In-depth knowledge of TELUS methods and procedures is an asset
- Preparing business cases and presentations for senior management
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- A University degree in Business and/or Engineering
- ITIL/eTOM/TMF Certified
- Agile/Lean Experience
- An MBA will be an asset; however proven track record of delivery and execution is equally valid
- Marketing, Business, Technical or Management certifications and/or professional designation (PMP, CSM, CPM, etc), will be a strong asset
- 7+ years Telecommunications/Information Technology Industry experience
- 7+ years of experience
- Required Experience
- Technical/Agile Product Management
- Project Management
- IP/Network/IT Solutions
- Managed Services
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Other Locations: CA-QC-Montreal
Your application has been successfully submitted.