This job is no longer accepting applications.
Location - Kelowna or Vancouver, BC
COVID-19 UPDATE: Please note that all Hyper Hippo Entertainment (HHE) employees are working remotely for the time being due to COVID-19, as the health & safety of our employees and their families is extremely important to us. Due to this, we’re currently having all new hires begin work with us remotely rather than in our office locations.
Are you versatile, creative AND logical with an analytical mind? Do you separate the lego and sort by colour; indicating that you are a highly organized individual, who excels at prioritizing? You laugh in the face of setbacks or pivots in game development, viewing them as a welcomed challenge. Yes...you embody the spirit of a Producer who is passionate about game publishing and are committed to the timely and successful delivery of the project. Your wheelhouse is to build relationships with your development team, ignite idea generation and feature implementation, provide unique concepts and solutions. The Producer will oversee the development of the game in production; from concept to shipping.
A Producer’s Impact
- Helps develop the vision of the game in production and organizes the production team and tasks
- Oversees the creative and technical development of the game
- Defines feature and game requirements
- Ensures overall quality of the end product
- Holds daily and weekly meetings to keep the production of the game running according to plan
- Ensures timely handover of deliverables
- Coordinates between the various stakeholders/partners involved in the game
- Works with Head of Studio and Operations Manager on budget and timeline planning
- Keeps management informed of game progress and roadblocks
- Works with Operations Manager on external contracts and licensing deals, if necessary
- After launch, continues to refine the game
- Got ideas for a new game or how to improve a current product? Let’s hear them!
Your Track Record Includes
- A minimum of 3 years as a game producer with references to live games
- Degree or certification in Business, Project Management, Arts, or applicable experience
- Experience publishing to multiple platforms an asset
- Familiar with user acquisition, player retention, player engagement, and monetization metrics
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to lead by influence
- Highly organized with an understanding of process, project management, and the tools that support it
- Demonstrated ability to translate analytics and user feedback into actionable game features
- Knows what it takes to make an amazing player experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of micro-transactions and F2P core game loops
- Enjoys collaborating with a small, creative team
- Ninja like agility and flexibility with moving deadlines and schedules
- Ability to work without supervision, you are a self starter
- Competitive salary
- Extraordinary incentive plan
- Extended health, dental & vision benefits + a health & wellness spending account
- 3 weeks vacation + 10 paid personal/sick days per year
- Annual self development budget to attend conferences, courses, training – you name it!
Our Core Values
- We Are Bold
- We Are One Team
- We Are Player-First
- We Are Creative
- We Are Transparent
- We Are Futuristic
What We’re Building at Hyper Hippo Entertainment
Hyper Hippo is an award-winning entertainment studio, driven to entertain, connect, and inspire billions of fans around the world.
Founded in 2012, by the creator of Club Penguin, Lance Priebe, Hyper Hippo is the studio behind the smash-hit idle games, AdVenture Capitalist (with 50+ million players), and AdVenture Communist - a cult mobile hit.
Headquartered in Canada, with studios in Kelowna, Vancouver and Seattle, Hyper Hippo brings together an exceptionally creative team that is relentlessly focused on innovating and exploring new forms of entertainment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Canadian game studio making award-winning mobile games: 💰 @AdVenture_CapHH 🥔 @AdVenture_ComHH