Senior Mobile Game Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Location - Kelowna, Vancouver, Seattle, Remote (Canada-wide, WA or CA)
COVID-19 UPDATE: Please note that all Hyper Hippo Entertainment (HHE) employees are working remotely for the time being due to COVID-19, as the health & safety of our employees and their families is extremely important to us. Due to this, we’re currently having all new hires begin work with us remotely rather than in our office locations.
The Senior Mobile Game Designer will drive the development of new game ideas and be a creative voice guiding and providing day-to-day expertise with our current IPs.
A Senior Mobile Game Designer’s Impact
- Lead our directed Mobile Free2Play games (and teams) from concept and production through launch, transitioning to live services.
- Designing live events, releasing new content, optimizing experiences, and improving the game through data-lead insights.
- Deep understanding of the Free2Play model and ability to effectively articulate its paradigm in popular mobile games. This includes Monetization, Retention, Social, and related systems.
- Help build great teams, not just games. Our people are our most precious asset and you understand how to lead, collaborate with, motivate and empower high-caliber people to be their best.
- Use market insights to inform decisions, building on great products while helping us to innovate new ideas.
Your Track Record Includes
- 5+ years of industry experience designing mobile games
- Vast understanding of games, economy/balance, design, game mechanics
- Solid knowledge of UX/UI and how it relates to players and mechanics
- Impeccable communication skills
- Expertise with user acquisition, player retention, engagement and monetization KPI’s, as well as how to translate analytics into actionable game features and balancing improvements
- Understanding of micro-transactions and F2P core game loops, and how they relate
- Knowledgeable on trends in mobile gaming, with other markets being a plus.
- Strong mathematical abilities & spreadsheet balancing skills
- Idle game experience or interest is a HUGE plus
- Competitive salary
- Extended health, dental & vision benefits + a health & wellness spending account
- 3 weeks vacation + 10 paid personal/sick days per year
- Annual self development budget to attend conferences, courses, training – you name it!
Our Core Values
- We Are Bold
- We Are One Team
- We Are Player-First
- We Are Creative
- We Are Transparent
- We Are Futuristic
What We’re Building at Hyper Hippo Entertainment
Hyper Hippo is an award-winning entertainment studio, driven to entertain, connect, and inspire billions of fans around the world.
Founded in 2012, by the creator of Club Penguin, Lance Priebe, Hyper Hippo is the studio behind the smash-hit idle games, AdVenture Capitalist (with 50+ million players), and AdVenture Communist - a cult mobile hit.
Headquartered in Canada, with studios in Kelowna, Vancouver and Seattle, Hyper Hippo brings together an exceptionally creative team that is relentlessly focused on innovating and exploring new forms of entertainment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Canadian game studio making award-winning mobile games: 💰 @AdVenture_CapHH 🥔 @AdVenture_ComHH