Senior Cloud Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Want to be responsible for the gaming experience of millions of players? How about building the infrastructure that supports players from around the world?
Demonware Cloud Engineering is a newly-formed team with a major focus on a large-scale migration to Google Cloud Platform, in addition to supporting our existing datacenter-based infrastructure. We provide build services, VM and Linux container provisioning, and other base services such as DNS, LDAP, secrets management and more to other Demonware engineering teams. Our goal is to provide all our services and technologies to internal customers in a secure, scalable and repeatable way.
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer to join the team on-site in our Vancouver office. If you’re excited about working with technologies for low-latency, large scale systems in a collaborative environment then we’d love to hear from you!
You will be instrumental in setting technical direction and best practices for our current and future needs.
You will play a key role in creating best practices and guidelines for migrating diverse workloads to Google Cloud Platform and ensuring they are set up securely and efficiently.
You will improve efficiency in our private cloud services and ensure that we evolve our technologies to meet the current and future demands of us and our internal customers.
You will drive us towards infrastructure as code using frameworks such as Ansible and Terraform.
Day to Day:
- Drive key platform and infrastructure projects involving multiple teams
- Troubleshoot and debug, often in collaboration with other teams
- Collaborate with other engineers in design and code reviews
- Provide services and support for virtualized and containerized workloads to other teams in Demonware
- Manage key internal services such as Jenkins, Github, Artifactory, Vault, DNS, and OpenLDAP
- Develop best practices and tooling for GCP usage across the organization
- Act as an escalation point for systems and services owned by the team
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation Support, 25 days of vacation and 3 bonus days in December, RRSP matching and contributions and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents.
To read more: https://demonware.net/careers
- 7+ years practical infrastructure experience, preferably in high-volume and/or critical production service environments
- Experience with compute and network hardware and architecture
- Firm grasp of Linux administration and core operating system concepts
- A desire to automate all the things
- Tenacity for debugging and solving technology problems down to their root cause
- Proven experience with architecting and provisioning services using public cloud services GCP (preferred) or AWS
- Knowledge of hardware and operating system abstraction technologies: virtualization (preferably KVM), Linux containers (LXC/LXD) and containers (Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with infrastructure services, e.g. DNS, OpenNebula, HashiCorp suite and Jenkins
- Strong scripting skills: Unix shell programming and at least one of Python or Golang
Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision Blizzard. We run every part of the players’ online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
Our services impact almost half a billion players, we solve big company challenges with a small company feel.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We create, provide, and host the online services behind some of the world's biggest game titles. The real challenges that we take on every day affect ...