Internal Tools Programmer - Platform Team
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Internal Tools Programmer - Platform Team
DevOps · New Westminster, British Columbia
Apply for This Job
About Offworld Industries:
Offworld Industries Ltd. (OWI) is the independent studio behind the successful military first person shooter game, “Squad”. OWI was formed in 2014 by more than 15 developers who had worked together on the well known Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. The founding purpose of the team was to bring a standalone successor of this acclaimed mod to market and build a game development studio and a livelihood from that foundation.
Fast forward to 2020, OWI has nearly 80 employees and is rapidly growing. We have been expanding the studio into both serving as a publisher supporting mods, as well as a technology provider building a framework for character based multiplayer games based in UE4.
We are built on passion, unified spirit and continuing efforts to break the mold. We strive to become a leader in creating large-scale multiplayer games as well as supplying others with the ability to do the same. We are looking for a talented Internal Tools Programmer (Platform Team) for our current and upcoming Unreal Engine based multiplayer games. If you are passionate about making great games and a team player, we are looking for you!
About the Team:
Our goal as a team is to help the development teams deliver amazing games in pretty much whatever way we can help. For the most part this can be broken down into two areas we focus on. The first area is building and maintaining backend services required by the development teams such as our build and version control systems. Our second focus is on building internal tools for the development teams and the required infrastructure to run those tools.
There is no expectation that everyone on the team be an expert in all the systems or areas that we are responsible for. We look for a desire and a drive from all members of the team to learn from and support each other.
- Maintain core services used by the development team such as Perforce, TeamCity, GitLab, and our build agents;
- Build and maintain internal tools to support the development teams such as our internal test server orchestration tool;
- Be a key part in planning and building infrastructure and systems for our development teams;
- Improve our internal monitoring with new dashboards, metrics, and improved logging solutions;
- Coach the development teams on DevOps practices and help them improve their build pipelines where possible.
- Experience in a DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering role;
- Experience managing systems on bare metal, cloud, or mixed environment as a sysadmin;
- Windows and Linux environment experience;
- Proficient in a programming or scripting language (e.g Bash, Batch, Powershell, Python, Go, C#);
- Good understanding of Continuous Integration systems;
- Good understanding of Hyper-V, KVM, ESXi and/or other virtualization products;
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g Saltstack, Chef, Puppet, Ansible);
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools (e.g. Terraform);
- Experience in the games industry, especially with Unreal Engine;
- Experience with Perforce.
This is a full-time permanent position, where the successful candidate will be working from home.
This role offers:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Wellness spending account
- 6 weeks vacation including a paid annual week-long company trip
- Wonderful colleagues!
If you meet the above qualifications, and OWI sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, please apply now with a cover letter and a copy of your resume.
Offworld Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap, financial ability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A group of video game developers originating from the acclaimed Battlefield 2 modification, Project Reality, working on it's spiritual successor, Squa...