This job is no longer accepting applications.
Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is a dynamic and innovative game development studio lead by industry veterans located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We develop original IPs as well as partner with incredible companies and established brands such as Microsoft and NASA to create games and diverse interactive experiences, utilizing our own leading edge technology.
Smoking Gun Interactive is looking for a talented and driven individual to take on the role of Lead Programmer. The ideal candidate should have experience in a variety of areas of game development and be able and willing to work on any area of game programming needed, with a focus on full-stack development experience. Experience in mentoring and training for programmers is essential. This position will be responsible for the oversight and management of a team of programmers.
- Collaborating with the Technical Director to establish a unified technology vision for the project including writing and reviewing technical design documents
- Produce high-quality, efficient, clean, and modular code
- Collect and document users' requirements and develop logical specifications
- Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems
- Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
- Plan, design and co-ordinate the development, integration and operation of computer-based systems
- Assess, test, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for applications software
- Lead and co-ordinate teams in the development of software and integrated information systems, process control software and other embedded software control systems
- Proactive in identifying tasks/problems that need tackling, outside of known scheduled work, from refactoring to bug fixing
- Must be able to go above and beyond in their daily tasks as required
- Provide mentorship and training for programmers to create an atmosphere of cooperation and learning
- Must provide and accept feedback on all aspects of code quality (performance, readability, testability, design)
- Forward thinking in regards to what impact design and implementation decisions will have on the overall project during each phase of development
- Work with Production in the creation and risk-management of project milestone goals and schedules
- Coordinate the hiring, supervising and managing of other members of the team
- 5+ years’ experience as a programmer in the game industry and or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Passion for playing and creating innovative games, must consider themselves a gamer
- Must be strongly self-motivated and an independent worker
- Expert working knowledge of C++, Standard Library and Object Oriented Design
- Strong understanding of general and 3D math, statistics and probability
- Excellent problem solving abilities, proven ability to tackle hard problems in creative ways
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Positive attitude with a desire to work within a team environment towards a common goal
- Ability to estimate work load and execute on the work in the time estimated
- Experience with any of the following languages, C#, Java, Lua, HLSL/Cg shaders
- Experience with Mobile: iOS, Android
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with Visual Studio, Perforce
- Experience with unit testing and TDD for server development
- Experience with C# server environments, AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with running a live server environment and supporting operations
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A game studio focused on delivering high quality titles with some of the biggest brands & IP for Mobile, PC & Console.