Senior Game Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is a dynamic and innovative game development studio lead by industry veterans located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We develop original IPs as well as partner with incredible companies and established brands such as Microsoft and NASA to create games and diverse interactive experiences, utilizing our own leading edge technology.
Smoking Gun Interactive is looking for a talented, passionate individual with at least 5 years of industry experience in game design. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience designing systems and balancing gameplay mechanics. A strong literacy in game design and the ability to clearly and concisely communicate ideas in both written and verbal forms is key. A Senior Designer can work independently with little supervision and collaborate with other disciplines to deliver a high quality product.
- Collaborate with a Lead Designer and Creative Director to deliver on the creative vision for the project
- Help evangelize and communicate the design vision to the team
- Build strong creative game designs that are original and imaginative
- Work independently to develop, build, tune and document gameplay mechanics to final quality while adhering to the design vision of the product
- Track and analyze game data, and create reports with suggested design changes based on gameplay data
- Adjust game mechanics designs and tune to balance gameplay mechanics based on gameplay analytics
- Collaborate with art and programming disciplines to achieve project goals
- Maintain a high proficiency in workflows and pipelines, collaborating to improve tools and methodologies
- Maintain a high level of quality in all aspects of their work
- Take initiative in creative problem-solving and collaborating as needed to facilitate effective resolutions
- Helping liaise between the design team and QA
- 5 to 7 years experience as a game designer
- Shipped at least 3 titles as a game designer
- Experience tuning of complex gameplay systems
- Experience with game analytics and running a live product
- Experience with freemium game mechanics and monetization strategies
- Demonstrable expertise in game mechanics design and tuning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate ideas clearly
- Ability to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks
- Self-driven, take initiative and work independently without supervision
- Experience in understanding the market and target audience for mobile, online & console games
- Works well under pressure and able to meet deadlines
- Willingness to push the envelope and innovate within game parameters
- Display a positive attitude, and passionate about gaming and striving to improve the quality of games
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A game studio focused on delivering high quality titles with some of the biggest brands & IP for Mobile, PC & Console.