Senior QA Lead
Smoking Gun Interactive
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is a dynamic and innovative game development studio lead by industry veterans located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We develop original IPs as well as partner with incredible companies and established brands such as Microsoft and NASA to create games and diverse interactive experiences, utilizing our own leading edge technology.
Smoking Gun Interactive is looking for an experienced Senior QA Lead to join our team! The Senior QA Lead will work with the QA Leads and QA team to help schedule and delegate QA tasks, manage multiple bug databases, and will be the company liaison between the development test team and publisher test teams. The ideal candidate will have experience in hiring and managing QA teams and building out QA processes. A keen eye for detail, strong analytical skills, and a passion for games is a must. Our QA team is embedded within our development team, so the right individual is a great communicator who works well with others and understands the functions of the different disciplines on a game team.
- Lead a QA team to provide quality assurance for cross platform (mobile, PC) and online games
- Oversee standards for QA processes in the company
- Ensure team members are identifying test needs based on acceptance criteria and risk assessments based on code changes
- Implement software test methodologies, tools and procedures that provide value to the overall product development lifecycle
- Responsible for mentorship, evaluations, conflict resolution and recognition of QA staff to maintain highly motivated and engaged employees
- Communicate with other team members to prevent issues from arising and correct existing problems during the development cycle
- Handle escalations of any product issues found during testing and/or production to ensure that they are resolved
- Provide input to the weekly project status report for each assigned project.
- Lead company QA initiatives
- Ability to analyze upcoming game content to quickly identify risk areas
- Strong written/verbal reporting skills on the state of game bugs, features, playability, risks, and blockers
- Work with the other QA Leads on the creation and maintenance of QA test plans, coverage docs, and test cases for a living product and all phases of product development
- Bug database management – tracking, assessing, and assisting in assigning priorities
- Ensure testers maintain a high bar of quality in their game testing and device coverage
- Responsible for testing game content for bugs and other defects
- Proofread and verify written product documentation
- Ability to maintain strong, collaborative relationships with other Leads & team members within Programming, Art, Design & Production teams
- Point of contact for outsource testing and outsource strategies
- Work closely with Community Manager for live issue reporting and prioritization
- Ensure games are signed-off, in a quality state and ready for certification processes for Console/Mobile platforms
- Oversee Mobile device tracking, rotation schedule & inventory systems
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced & deadline-driven environment
- Previous experience in the gaming industry
- 5+ years of experience in QA Lead role, managing the entire test team for delivery of a product
- 7+ years of QA or development testing experience; Mobile testing experience ideal
- Experience in building, maintaining and improving the company-wide Quality Assurance process
- Experience working alongside a development team
- Proficient in Quality Assurance metrics reporting and tracking
- Strong working knowledge of one or more defect tracking system
- Experience with test case management tools
- Experience working with remote, outsourced &/or global teams
- Strong teamwork, communication and collaboration skills, internally and with external studios
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
Please Note: Candidates must be local and legally entitled to work in Canada.
Your application has been successfully submitted.