Human Resources Business Partner
Montreal, QC, Canada
Founded in 2003, SSENSE is pacing the vanguard of directional retail with its mix of luxury, streetwear, and avant-garde labels.
Currently serving 150 countries, generating an average of 76 million monthly page views, and achieving high double digit annual growth since inception, its field of focus has grown beyond that of a typical e-commerce entity as it explores the nexus of content, commerce, and culture. More than just a retailer, SSENSE is becoming a cultural protagonist in its own right.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Global compensation & Human Resource Business Partner, the HR Business Partner will provide high-quality HR products and services to their assigned client groups in HR related disciplines which include performance management, employee development, compensation, workforce planning, organizational design and structure, and employee relations matters.The successful candidate has a proven track record of designing and implementing pre-established solutions within their client group, acting as an HR representative for employees, leaders, and executives.
HR Business Partner
- Deliver and drive a high-impact HR roadmap with critical HR activities within the respective client group
- Implement HR processes and projects within the respective client group, including compensation reviews, organizational reviews, talent management activities, etc.
- Drive a performance culture within the respective business unit through the creation and tailoring of HR performance programs and frameworks
- Coach, mentor, and advise leaders on HR related topics to ensure the uniformity of programs and policies
- In conjunction with HR Advisors and HR Managers, develop and implement solutions to respond to challenges facing the business unit (attrition, retention, engagement, leadership development, etc.)
- Create a culture of development within the respective business unit focused on established learning goals and employee growth
- Review current HR programs and policies within the business unit and propose solutions
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and the Operations group to provide HR solutions
- Identify performance gaps and departmental trends to identify solutions within the business unit
- Work with leaders to identify training requirements and implement training solutions for the department
- Coach employees on various HR related topics
- Support employee relations or compliance investigations (initial interviews and fact gathering)
- Address employee concerns and gather insights to modify current practices
- Communicate regularly with employees on HR programs and initiatives
- Deliver training to employees on performance management, career development, growth, etc.
- Counsel managers and employees on situational issues, participating in internal investigations, corrective actions, and coaching
- Maintain records on employee performance, talent mapping, succession planning, promotion rates, etc.
- Maintain the resource plan for the department and ensure targets are met
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, CHRP designation required
- A minimum of 3 years HR experience in a business partnership or advisory role
- Strong knowledge of HR legislation and labour standards
- Advanced knowledge of HR related practices, including Talent Management, Performance Management, Succession Planning, Employee Engagement, etc.
- Proven track record of building HR programs tailored to client group needs
- Project management and change management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and French
- Strong interpersonal skills with a natural ability to build relationships
- Professionalism, attention to detail, and the ability to effectively multi-task
- Demonstrated track record of proactive problem solving
- Discretion handling confidential information
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment dealing with change and continuously shifting requirements
- Ability to influence senior management decisions
Your application has been successfully submitted.