Director HR, People Operations - Distribution Centre
Montreal, QC, Canada
SSENSE, pronounced [es-uhns], is a Montreal-based fashion platform with global reach. Founded in 2003, SSENSE is pacing the vanguard of directional retail with a mix of luxury, streetwear, and avant-garde labels. We produce industry-leading original content and take pride in building our own technology solutions and systems from scratch. Our field of focus has grown beyond that of a typical e-commerce entity as we explore the nexus of content, commerce, and culture.
Currently serving 150 countries, generating an average of 76 million monthly page views, and achieving high double digit annual growth since inception, SSENSE is becoming a cultural protagonist in its own right.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Director of People Operations at our Distribution Center will be responsible for leading and overseeing the People function, including driving a range of mission critical strategies and key initiatives for the employees. This position will lead a People team while working closely with the entire senior management team, to provide leadership and expertise by recommending, implementing, maintaining, and integrating all human resources strategies and activities. The incumbent is a seasoned People leader and a change agent adept at thinking strategically to develop and implement innovative solutions that meet organizational goals, business needs and compliance requirements.
- Lead the development and implementation of People strategies to support all steps of the employee life cycle
- Translate these plans into coordinated execution plans
- Develop programs, policies and procedures to support management's ability to ensure continuous improvement
- Identify, track and provide analytics on key People metrics to improve business results
- Oversee and manage annual programs including engagement and performance management as well as the bonus, compensation programs, incentive plans, service recognition and special awards and ensure such programs are aligned with market practices, and in some cases, leading the market
- Develop and oversee leadership and employee training, succession planning, recruitment and retention
- Oversee the effective and efficient implementation of onboarding of the ramp-up periods for both the spring and fall sale periods
- Lead and build best in class Health and Safety Protocols and Programs and ensure safety is a critical business imperative
- Ensures compliance with federal and provincial legislative requirements as it relates to employment and employee information
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Industrial Relations
- MBA is an asset
- 10+ years experience in the field of Human Resources
- Previous experience in a distribution center, warehouse or manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in automation, robotics and change management in a manufacturing of distribution centre environment is an asset
- 7+ years experience in a leadership role
- Membership in l’Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines agréés an asset
- Strong practical knowledge in all HR functional area with demonstrated strength in organizational design/development, workforce planning, legislative compliance, policy development and employee relations
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in both English and French
- Hands-on leader - capable of walking the floor - and having a strong and influencing presence with the supervisory team and employees within the warehouse
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong customer focus with acute listening skills
- Strong leadership skills that will incite enthusiasm, create positive morale and drive results among direct reports and colleagues
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and collaborative problem solving skill
Your application has been successfully submitted.