Software Developer - New Grad 2021
This job is no longer accepting applications.
SSENSE, pronounced [es-uhns], is a Montreal-based fashion platform with global reach. Founded in 2003, SSENSE is pacing the vanguard of directional retail with a mix of luxury, streetwear, and avant-garde labels. We produce industry-leading original content and take pride in building our own technology solutions and systems from scratch. Our field of focus has grown beyond that of a typical e-commerce entity as we explore the nexus of content, commerce, and culture.
Currently serving 150 countries, generating an average of 88 million monthly page views, and achieving high double digit annual growth since inception, SSENSE is becoming a cultural protagonist in its own right.
Our world class team of 100+ Engineers builds leading-edge web, back-end and mobile applications from scratch, continuously upgrading and refining our proprietary systems. We employ the latest technologies to deliver a robust and scalable technology stack that will support our global reach and provide a seamless user experience. Always at the forefront of innovation, we help each other develop through knowledge sharing and continuous learning, which we refer to as SSENSE University. We encourage our engineers to give back to the tech community by contributing to open-source, publishing articles on our Tech blog and joining meetups. We deploy to production multiple times a day so be ready to have an immediate impact and learn fast!
Whether you are seeking your next challenge, or want to share your subject matter expertise, join us for a unique personal and professional experience that will accelerate your growth.
At SSENSE, you will have the opportunity to work on complex software engineering problems, develop scalable distributed software systems and collaborate on a multitude of smaller projects. You will put your analytical and technical skills to the test, rolling up your sleeves to complete a project that will contribute to improving the functionality and level of service provided to both our internal teams and customers.
This could include:
- Participating in the development of our new mobile application
- Developing our next-generation e-commerce platform, as we grow our international presence
- Taking part in the design of effective services to manage our next-generation global supply chain management system
- Contributing ideas and participating in solution design, implementation and testing
- Partnering with the Product Management team to learn about business-side requirements
- Utilize your expertise to engage in and enhance the lifecycle of services to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution for effectively solving challenges
- Participate in the development of best-of-breed next-generation systems
- Join and support a productive and innovative team, working alongside peers, managers and collaborating teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a relevant technical field, graduating in December 2020 or Spring/Summer 2021
- Master’s degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field, an asset
- Experience working with two or more of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, developing large software systems, and/or security software development
- Demonstrated ability to share knowledge via formal mentoring, reviewing code, reviewing design documents, giving technical talks or teaching classes
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Luxury fashion tech leader and cultural resource.