Senior Product Manager - Data
Montreal, QC, Canada
SSENSE, pronounced [es-uhns], is a Montreal-based fashion platform with global reach. Founded in 2003, SSENSE is pacing the vanguard of directional retail with a mix of luxury, streetwear, and avant-garde labels. We produce industry-leading original content and take pride in building our own technology solutions and systems from scratch. Our field of focus has grown beyond that of a typical e-commerce entity as we explore the nexus of content, commerce, and culture.
Currently serving 150 countries, generating an average of 76 million monthly page views, and achieving high double digit annual growth since inception, SSENSE is becoming a cultural protagonist in its own right.
Reporting to the Director of Product Management, the Senior Product Manager, Data Teams holds a critical role within the SSENSE Product team, working directly with a team of Data Engineers in building the Data Foundation of SSENSE as well as supporting Data Products, such as Personalization, Customer, Buying and Pricing.
Acting as the heart, mind, and voice of our customers, he/she will help determine the product vision for the Data Team, which supports some of the most critical components of our technology and infrastructure. The Senior Product Manager will be operating in an ambitious and exciting time, supporting the growth of SSENSE by supporting a portfolio of products with data pipelines and infrastructures, managing an ambitious and innovative product roadmap, and leading the end-to-end execution of all product related initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to work with Data Engineers, Data Science, Data Operations, Developers and other Product Managers to lead data governance initiatives and be a data quality evangelist for all new and existing technologies built.
- Oversee the domain or portfolio of products, defining the vision and strategy for this designated product area
- Serve as product and data evangelist, thought leader, and subject matter expert both internally and externally
- Lead Data Engineers and internal data partners through the end-to-end implementation of products and features
- Rigorously focus on outcome driven Product Management, identifying needle moving initiatives
- Data driven, identifying key metrics to measure success, define how to measure, track, monitor and report on impact
- Set, Track and Communicate metrics for each product and release, providing a single point of contact between Product, Technology, Data Engineer, Data Science and the different business units
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders (Data Science, other tech squads,business lines) to align all parties on a roadmap and obtain their buy-in
- Manage the product roadmap, providing visibility to senior leadership
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in technology, e-commerce, retail, and fashion, buying and planning incl. AI/ML
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Master's degree, MBA, MSc., PhD an asset
- Experience in Consulting, Finance, Investment banking, Analytics or other Data functions and ecommerce retail experience preferred
- A minimum of 7 years relevant work experience, w/ developing software products and technologies an asset
- Ability to lead high performing teams to deliver outstanding results
- Experience in high impact projects at a global scale and managing growth in a complex and changing environment
- Proven track record of leveraging data, data analytics and assumption / scenario modeling to identify issues/opportunities, provide recommendations, and illustrate to facilitate decision making
- Experience in cross-functional collaboration with Business, Sales, Finance, Operations, and Technology teams including Data Science, Data Engineer and Developers
- Experience working within an Agile environment is an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and French (is an asset)
- Ability to dive deep into the details, document or capture findings and simplify complex topics
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Comfortable in operating in ambiguous, changing landscape
- Entrepreneurial, hands on, get stuff done attitude
- Strong business acumen and technical understanding
- Strong communication written and verbal
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to lead by influence across functional teams
- Ability to define a product strategy and drive a team to deliver on their potential
Your application has been successfully submitted.