Senior Product Designer (BackEnd) (Remote) // British Columbia
This job is no longer accepting applications.
SSENSE, pronounced [es-uhns], is a Montreal-based fashion platform with global reach. Founded in 2003, SSENSE is pacing the vanguard of directional retail with a mix of luxury, streetwear, and avant-garde labels. We produce industry-leading original content and take pride in building our own technology solutions and systems from scratch. Our field of focus has grown beyond that of a typical e-commerce entity as we explore the nexus of content, commerce, and culture.
Currently serving 150 countries, generating an average of 76 million monthly page views, and achieving high double digit annual growth since inception, SSENSE is becoming a cultural protagonist in its own right.
*This is a remote position within Canada
Reporting to the Director of Product Management, the Senior Product Designer is responsible for assisting with back-end, user facing product, capturing the current user experience of a digital product and defining the expected experience by delivering codified prototypes, and helping the Engineering teams evolve the product user experience. Products include Product Information Management Systems, Pricing Interface, Customer Relationship Management tools, Tools for Customer Service Agents or Apps for Customer facing Stylists.
- Translate business and user requirements into design elements and user experiences
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to conceptualize new products and improve existing solutions
- Define personas to better understand user needs
- Create mockups, wireframes and low-fi prototypes
- Propose innovative product features and interactions
- Define and iterate UX with rapid prototyping
- Find and propose ways to improve the overall user experience/usability of our backend services
- Document current and future user experiences, flows and usages
- Drive simplicity and ease of use in new users experiences
- Develop a deep understanding of the product roadmap, including future features to be developed
- Design and develop high fidelity prototypes which can then be passed on to the respective squads
- Write acceptance criterias to help guide product development
- Collaborate with the Product and Technology teams, as well as the various Users
Ownership and Accountability
- Take ownership of the UX back-end vision and strategy
- Inform Design with usability research, analytics, and other user data to create programmatic solutions
- Promote guidelines and best practices
- Incorporate principles of user-centered design in the project lifecycle
- Be accountable for quality
- Contribute to cross-squad initiatives, acting as a change agent amongst peers to foster adoption of new processes or technical solutions
- Be accountable for performance, reliability, scalability and resilience of at least one technical component owned
- Ensure visibility on design problems on both a micro and macro level, from concrete tasks to higher-level abstract concerns
Also focused on Knowledge Sharing and Coaching, as well as Recruiting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Master's degree, an asset
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in internal user experience design (interfaces, internal tools, flows, apps, mobile, POS technology), prior Retail or e-Commerce experience preferred
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- Experience with machine learning, artificial intelligence and/or augmented reality, an asset
- Research and showcase knowledge of the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- Working knowledge of visual design and interaction principles
- Demonstrated ability to gather user requirements across diverse functional areas and convert them into a compelling product vision
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Mature appreciation of the balance between creativity, commerce, and utility
- Creative thinker with excellent problem solving abilities
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to lead by influence across functional teams
- Strong business acumen, entrepreneurial drive and technical understanding
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment
- Creative thinker with a proven track record for innovation
- Ability to articulate and present creative ideas
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Luxury fashion tech leader and cultural resource.