Full Stack Technical Lead (Remote) // Greater Toronto Area
This job is no longer accepting applications.
SSENSE, pronounced [es-uhns], is a Montreal-based fashion platform with global reach. Founded in 2003, SSENSE is pacing the vanguard of directional retail with a mix of luxury, streetwear, and avant-garde labels. We produce industry-leading original content and take pride in building our own technology solutions and systems from scratch. Our field of focus has grown beyond that of a typical e-commerce entity as we explore the nexus of content, commerce, and culture. Currently serving 150 countries, generating an average of 76 million monthly page views, and achieving high double digit annual growth since inception, SSENSE is becoming a cultural protagonist in its own right.
*This is a remote position within Canada
Reporting to the Application Development Manager, the Technical Lead guides a team of Software Developers dedicated to developing applications from initial inception of ideas to roll-out, ensuring they meet quality targets and are delivered on time. The Technical Lead will provide technical expertise and act as a technical liaison consulting with upstream and downstream stakeholders on priorities and requirements. The ideal candidate will be involved in building a platform that is currently used by millions of end users around the world.
- Lead and inspire a team of world class Software Developers
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship on a regular basis
- Collaborate with team members to develop high-volume low-latency applications while delivering high-availability and performance
- Build, optimize, and scale the SOA platform and infrastructure
- Evangelize best software development practices (OOD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery)
- Perform code reviews and design reviews to ensure compliance with development standards
- Collaborate with engineers across the organization to identify patterns of problems and implement solutions that can be shared across clients
- Draft and review architectural diagrams, interface specifications, class structures, and other design documents
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing best practices and habits
- Partner with the Human Resources team to attract and retain high quality and diverse talent to scale the Company’s development team(s)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, Master’s degree an asset
- A minimum of 8 years experience in software and Web development
- A minimum of 3 years professional front-end and back-end development experience
- Experience with SQL, relational databases, multi-tiered software development, and Web-based software development is a must
- Advanced understanding of design, implementation and operation of distributed Web-based services and APIs
- Experience designing and consuming REST APIs
- Experience with one or more of the following: Node.js, Vue, Polymer, React.js, Redux or Angular.js
- Experience testing code using one of the following: Mocha, Karma, Chai and Sinon, Jasmine
- Experience with implementing software in a variety of operating environments (UNIX, Linux and Windows)
- Experience with AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with TypeScript/ES6, an asset
- Experience with PHP, an asset
- Experience with Shell Scripting Python/Bash, an asset
- Good written and spoken communication skills in both English and French
- Strong leadership, time management, and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under strict deadlines
- Team player with solid interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to present, synthesize and influence change
- Good business acumen
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Luxury fashion tech leader and cultural resource.