Product Design Manager
Role: Product Design Manager
Location: Telecommute / Remote from within US or Canada
At Oracle NetSuite, we care! We care about the evolution of people and business and making life a bit easier. We focus on encouraging productivity, accomplishments and job success through powerful cloud technology. We listen to the needs of our customers and users, we are passionate about fulfilling our mission to enable companies to realize their vision on the very best technology. We are looking for experts to join our NetSuite family to accelerate the evolution of our technology. By putting together a dynamic and passionate team of designers, writers, researchers, developers, and product managers we will be able to delight our customers by designing and executing next generation solutions that focus on insight, control, automation and agility.
The scope of our opportunity is endless! Yes, we’re absolutely serious and your help is needed to help us achieve this. We need thoughtful, talented, fearless and multi-faceted designers who love empowering users with extraordinary user experiences.
What We're Looking For
We’re looking for a talented Product Design Manager to join our Experience Design Team.
We’re looking for a people-oriented leader that is highly adaptive; a person ready to facilitate, inspire or lead, no matter the project or the people. On top of being a hands-on collaborative manager, leader and mentor, you have the following attributes:
- You are a rock star design lead that is skilled in UX/UI with software design expertise including: design systems, user research, and strategy.
- You have extensive experience creating designs, working with user researchers, and hashing out final deliverables with product managers, engineers, and upper management.
- You are able to reinforce the use and knowledge of design best practices with the ability to adapt and implement these frameworks to execute on business goals.
- You are driven to understand, define, document, and communicate processes and decisions.
- You are able to lead and mentor team members while maintaining an equal and collaborative work environment.
- You have a passion for innovating products, processes, and technology with the goal of delivering an extraordinary user experience
What You'll Do
- Lead a small team of designers in a domain within the larger User Experience team.
- Provide guidance on design process, design feedback and support, and career development.
- You will be expected to have a strong voice on the product direction and overall strategy and lead as a product owner.
- Manage the hiring process for sourcing, acquiring and onboarding new employees.
- You will be mentor and guide to other UX designers in the group.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects of varying timelines, degrees of complexity and scope.
- Work with the leaders in the User Experience and Product Management teams to implement and improve design processes and achieve company objectives.
- Hands-on creative problem solving in a cloud-driven enterprise software system.
- Work with a multi-disciplined UX team of Designers, User Researchers and Product Managers in a fast-paced, dynamic, agile environment.
- Produce high-quality design deliverables that communicate design solutions and facilitate discussion.
- Present design alternatives and effectively communicate rationale and trade-offs.
- Demonstrate a passion for iteration and being eager to receive feedback
Qualifications / Skills
- Degree in Product Design, UX Design, UI Design, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 7 years working in the field of UX and UI Design. Experience with “big data software” a huge plus.
- Minimum 3 years of proven managerial experience with local/remote team members and employees in a design environment.
- We need a self-starter who can take a bit of directional input and then take off.
- Online portfolio demonstrating your problem-solving ability: problem analysis, personas, scenarios, user journeys, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, task-flows or other relevant design artifacts.
- A positive and resilient personality. You must be able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
- Analytical and strategic mindset. We privilege that rather than pixel-perfect visual skills.
- Excellent communication skills; office and company language is English.
- Flexibility to work with geographically distributed teams.
- Experience working in Agile Development methodology
One word — Transformation. At NetSuite, we believe the cloud is here to stay and so do our 20,000+ customers. We believe businesses should not be bogged down by the overhead of bulky data centers and expensive personnel to run it all. Businesses need to be lean, efficient and agile. NetSuite is literally transforming business around the globe by providing a cloud-based, unified system that delivers unprecedented capabilities to drive business forward. Founded in 1998 as THE cloud ERP pioneer, today NetSuite has transformed the business operations of our customers without the high costs and inefficiency of on premise systems.
Transform your career at NetSuite
At NetSuite we work hard, and we work smart. We hire fierce competitors. We hire individuals that are fearless trail blazers. NetSuite employees take the hill: we prefer action over inaction, we are tireless in our mission and we pause to celebrate our success. And we DO celebrate, because if you don’t have fun along the way, then what’s the point?
NetSuite is transforming how its customers do business. If you want to transform your career, apply now.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically one year of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: Product Development
Location: United States
Other Locations: CA-Canada
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
Your application has been successfully submitted.