Principal Product Designer
Role: Principal Product Designer
Location: Telecommute / Remote from within US or Canada
At Oracle NetSuite, we care! We care about the evolution of people and business and making life a bit easier. We focus on encouraging productivity, accomplishments and job success through powerful cloud technology. We listen to the needs of our customers and users, we are passionate about fulfilling our mission to enable companies to realize their vision on the very best technology. We are looking for experts to join our NetSuite family to accelerate the evolution of our technology. By putting together a dynamic and passionate team of designers, writers, researchers, developers, and product managers we will be able to delight our customers by designing and executing next generation solutions that focus on insight, control, automation and agility.
The scope of our opportunity is endless! Yes, we’re absolutely serious and your help is needed to help us achieve this. We need thoughtful, talented, fearless and multi-faceted designers who love empowering users with extraordinary user experiences.
What We're Looking For
We're looking for a talented Principal Product Designer to join our Experience Design Team. You’ll be part of a team working towards accelerating the evolution of our product, processes, and technology with the goal of delivering an extraordinary user experience. To succeed in this role you'll need to have the following:
- You are a rock star design lead that is skilled in UX/UI with software design expertise including: design systems, user research, and strategy.
- You are able to reinforce the use and knowledge of design best practices with the ability to adapt and implement these frameworks to execute on business goals.
- You are driven to understand, define, document, and communicate processes and decisions.
- You are able to lead and mentor team members while maintaining an equal and collaborative work environment.
- You are an independent, self-motivated, and creative professional - capable of adapting quickly to a fast-paced environment.
As a Principal Product Designer, you will use your years of experience to lead by example, establishing and communicating best practices to guide fellow teammates and represent the team across the organization. You are a relationship builder and are comfortable working with roles of all levels and capabilities, incorporating ideas, and gathering inspiration from multiple sources.
You love rules and you know when to break them. You think systematically because you know that creating a coherent experience requires it. But you know when the system needs to expand to remain agile. You know when to do something completely unique and when to trust your past experiences.
What You'll Do
- Work hands-on to creatively solve problems in a cloud-driven enterprise software system.
- Collaborate with a team of multi-disciplined UX designers, user researchers, product managers, and engineers in a fast-paced, dynamic, and agile environment.
- Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions and user experiences.
- Produce high-quality design deliverables that communicate design solutions and facilitate discussion.
- Be an ambassador for innovation - help to define, train and implement innovative design processes.
- Support user research to understand needs and define workflows.
- Demonstrate a passion for iteration by proactively requesting feedback.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects of varying timelines, degrees of complexity, and scope.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of advancements in software design, industry standards, changes, and trends in UX.
- Draw inspiration and ideas from internal and external sources.
- Dissect design obstacles and tackle them in a methodical manner in order to overcome them effectively.
Qualifications / Skills
- Degree in Product/Industrial Design, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 7 years working in the field of UX/UI design with an advanced HCI/Design degree. Experience with “big data software” is a huge plus. We need a self-starter who can take a bit of directional input and then take off.
- Excellent understanding of user-experience design for software, technology trends, demonstrable design skills, and ability to show relevant work.
- Demonstrated expert level knowledge of design and user-centered processes.
- Operational understanding of accessibility and ability to incorporate accessibility in designs.
- Expert-level proficiency with design tools like Sketch, Figma, and InVision.
- Online portfolio demonstrating experience producing sketches, wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, and successful delivery of innovative design solutions for iOS and Android.
- A positive and resilient personality that embraces feedback and has a desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
- Excellent communication skills, office and company language is English.
- Flexibility to work with geographically distributed teams.
- Experience working in Agile Development methodology.
One word — Transformation. At NetSuite, we believe the cloud is here to stay and so do our 20,000+ customers. We believe businesses should not be bogged down by the overhead of bulky data centers and expensive personnel to run it all. Businesses need to be lean, efficient and agile. NetSuite is literally transforming business around the globe by providing a cloud-based, unified system that delivers unprecedented capabilities to drive business forward. Founded in 1998 as THE cloud ERP pioneer, today NetSuite has transformed the business operations of our customers without the high costs and inefficiency of on premise systems.
Transform your career at NetSuite
At NetSuite we work hard, and we work smart. We hire fierce competitors. We hire individuals that are fearless trail blazers. NetSuite employees take the hill: we prefer action over inaction, we are tireless in our mission and we pause to celebrate our success. And we DO celebrate, because if you don’t have fun along the way, then what’s the point?
NetSuite is transforming how its customers do business. If you want to transform your career, apply now.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically seven years of software engineering or related experience needed.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: Product Development
Location: United States
Other Locations: CA-Canada
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
Your application has been successfully submitted.