Software Development Snr Manager(JoinOCI-Leader)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), we build the future of the cloud for Enterprises as a diverse team of fellow creators and inventors. We act with the speed and attitude of a start-up, with the scale and customer-focus of the leading enterprise software company in the world.
Values are OCI’s foundation and how we deliver excellence. We strive for equity, inclusion, and respect for all. We are committed to the greater good in our products and our actions. We are constantly learning and taking opportunities to grow our careers and ourselves. We challenge each other to stretch beyond our past to build our future.
You are the builder here. You will be part of a team of really smart, motivated, and diverse people and given the autonomy and support to do your best work. It is a dynamic and flexible workplace where you’ll belong and be encouraged.
We are looking for an experienced team lead/manager who is looking to grow their career from managing a team to teams of engineers. Software and Service Foundations provides solutions that increase the productivity of engineers, improve security posture of services, and simplify compliance requirements for all Oracle Cloud Infrastructure teams.
As a senior engineering manager you will be expected to hire and develop the talent on your team. You will write and execute against your team’s roadmap.
You should be a distributed systems generalist, able to architect broad systems interactions, while being very hands-on and able to dive deep into any part of the stack and lower level system interactions. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative agile environment, and be excited to learn.
• Candidate will be responsible for providing leadership, direction and strategy
• Establishing and development of organization to meet and execute on strategy.
• Delivering large scale project on-time with the high quality.
• 7+ years experience managing engineers delivering and operating services.
• Strong knowledge of C, C++ or Java, and experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
• Working familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and standard network architectures.
• Strong understanding of databases, NoSQL systems, storage and distributed persistence technologies.
• Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and suggest improvements to the architecture.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Job: Product Development
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
Your application has been successfully submitted.