Senior Software Developer (JoinOCI-SDE)
At Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), we build the future of the cloud for Enterprises as a diverse team of fellow creators and inventors. We act with the speed and attitude of a start-up, with the scale and customer-focus of the leading enterprise software company in the world.
Values are OCI’s foundation and how we deliver excellence. We strive for equity, inclusion, and respect for all. We are committed to the greater good in our products and our actions. We are constantly learning and taking opportunities to grow our careers and ourselves. We challenge each other to stretch beyond our past to build our future.
You are the builder here. You will be part of a team of really smart, motivated, and diverse people and given the autonomy and support to do your best work. It is a dynamic and flexible workplace where you’ll belong and be encouraged.
“Cloud Engineering Infrastructure Development”
This is a software engineering position within the Service Platform team of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI). The team's charter is to provide a common hub where changes can be applied to all Oracle cloud services, and their flagship product is an API and web application gateway to facilitate that charter. In addition to standard API gateway functionality such as throttling/routing/authentication/authorization/audit, the architecture also features a write-ahead log of create/update/delete calls, enabling automation of state-related functionality such as limit enforcement (e.g. CPU core limits) and resource tagging with customer-provided metadata.
Oracle is building next generation cloud infrastructure with a specific focus on enterprises workloads. As a member of SRE team, the candidate will play a key role in building and evolving a large scale systems including but not limited to:
- Building and evolving of deployment automation and monitoring stack spanning multiple components and regions
- Deploying and configuring various distributed systems and databases
- Developing new and maintaining existing CI/CD pipelines
- Develop reliable and testable automation stack using Python, Shell Script, etc.
- You will be responsible for the systems deployment, operations, and monitoring for our zero-downtime infrastructure, including design and development of infrastructure automation.
- You will get your hands dirty, troubleshooting infrastructure, and architectural challenges using your existing knowledge and toolkits.
- You will drive reliability and supportability aspects of cloud service by creating knowledge-base and working with SRE, Dev teams.
- Coordinate change management policies.
- You will utilize your skills for collaboration with engineering and product management to architect and develop strategic and tactical solutions.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Job: Product Development
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
Your application has been successfully submitted.