Talent Acquisition Specialist- 6 Month Contract
Fresno, CA, USA
Who we are:
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With over 160 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modeling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- THRIVE - Top 50 Leading AgTech (2019) – recognized as exemplifying some of the best in agriculture technology around the globe
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2019) – identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
Who you are:
You are excited to contribute to a company that is making a difference in agriculture and food supply and want to help ensure that Semios has the talent we need to drive our growth. You care about delivering a positive candidate experience and are conscientious in following processes and attending to details in communications and documentation. In this role you will help Semios hire and retain the talent we need to achieve our ambitious goals by ensuring we have an effective process that results in timely and high quality hiring decisions and a positive candidate experience. This is a temp position- 4-6 month contract.
What you will do:
- Perform full cycle hiring process including drafting job descriptions, posting jobs, screening resumes, managing and participating in interviews, checking references, notifying applicants of the results of selection processes, and preparing offer letters.
- Take steps to make our recruitment and on-boarding processes more efficient and effective.
- Develop strong online presence for visibility with candidates.
- Create and implement tools and reference materials to make it easier for our hiring teams to be successful.
- Coach, train and advise hiring managers at various stages of hiring and on-boarding in regards to staffing policies, procedures and best practices.
- Identify creative sourcing options and employer branding opportunities to expand awareness of Semios in the market and increase the flow of suitable candidates.
- Support employees and ensure the company’s interests are addressed in immigration related situations.
- Manage the onboarding process to accelerate ramp up and ensure the success of new hires.
We want you to succeed, so you will need:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a recruitment role
- Degree or diploma in Business, Human Resources, or a related field
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in one-on-one and group settings
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Strong proofreading skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to build strong relationships across the organization
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to follow through consistently on while juggling projects and ad hoc requests
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with tact and discretion
- Familiarity with MS Office and/or G Suite tools
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
Nice to have:
- Prior experience in agriculture
- Knowledge of US employment practices
Why this opportunity is for you:
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other
- Grow with a company that is expanding rapidly
- Competitive salary, paid vacation and sick leave, plus health and dental benefits available after probationary period
Your application has been successfully submitted.