This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who we are:
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With over 160 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modeling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- THRIVE - Top 50 Leading AgTech (2020) – recognized as exemplifying some of the best in agriculture technology around the globe.
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2020) – identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges.
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Who you are:
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic, growing company that finds solutions to real-life problems, such as helping the world reduce the use of pesticides and helping nature feed a growing population. Your ideal work environment includes a collaborative team spirit with the opportunity to learn and grow as you take the initiative to try new things.
You are detail orientated, analytical and curious. You communicate well and are able to distill large amounts of data into meaningful insights and actionable recommendations. You will bring a mind set of continuous improvement and problem solving to your role.
What you will do:
- Empower Operations (Supply Chain, Quality, Finance and Field Services) teams in their strategic and operational planning and decision-making by uncovering and delivering timely insights, creating scheduled or ad-hoc reports, and conducting rigorous analysis to ensure accurate data.
- Connect disparate datasets (Google sheets, BigQuery, CRM, work order ticketing, ERP, excel), perform data profiling and identify anomalies and disconnects; in doing so uncover the “source of truth”. Ensure reporting is comprehensive, efficient and accurate.
- Develop tools to simplify, connect and automate manual analysis tasks within Operations teams.
- Create and analyze reports to feed, and maintain master data associated with Bill of Materials, inventory, on time delivery, etc.
- Proactively analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders or to highlight information of which they should be made aware.
- Interpret gaps in requirements and business information needs, identify possible solutions to those gaps, and suggest improvements to make them more effective and easier to automate.
- Align and document requirements for projects requiring external resources to assist in development.
- Recommend, compile and refine analysis and reporting framework based on strategic priorities of the company and the operations teams
We want you to succeed, so you will need:
- Degree or diploma in Operations management, Business, Computer Science, Math, Statistics or other Analytics related fields.
- 2 years analyzing data within a business context, for example as Operations Analyst or Business Intelligence analyst.
- Strong skills in Google sheets, SQL/Sheets queries, scripting and automation
- Understanding of common operational metrics, reports and functions.
- Knowledge of business process (Order to Cash, Procure to Pay…)
- Experience with ERP, master data and standard business reporting.
- Familiarity with connected devices (IoT) and their use in operational business models (driving service and usage analytics) an asset.
Nice to have:
- Experience with ERP implementation, report generation
- Direct experience with supply chain, Bill-of-Materials, master planning, resource planning, Inventory management, and their best practices.
Why this is the opportunity for you:
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other
- Have a lasting impact as you help to build a company
- Learn a lot along the way!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
#PrecisionAg platform for tree fruit, tree nut & vine crops. #IoT network and predictive analytics for pests, disease, frost & irrigation mgmt. #bigda...