Full Stack JS Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who we are:
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With over 500 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modeling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2020 & 2019) – identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges.
- THRIVE - Top 50 Leading AgTech (2019) – recognized as exemplifying some of the best in agriculture technology around the globe.
- Google Accelerator (2020) - Selected as 1 of 9 companies for the inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator Canada cohort, who are all using technology to solve complex challenges.
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Who you are:
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic, growing company that finds solutions to real-life problems, such as helping the world reduce the use of pesticides and helping nature feed a growing population. Your ideal work environment includes a collaborative team spirit with the opportunity to learn and grow as you take the initiative to try new things.
You are a problem solver who views challenges as possibilities - not problems - and who can produce solutions on both the backend and frontend. You enjoy working both independently and collaboratively in a flexible team environment. You have a desire to work on projects that have a real-world impact on peoples’ lives and in agriculture.
What you will do:
You will work with our experienced customer applications team to develop our products and solve unique challenges. As part of the role, you can expect to:
- take ownership of a new feature in the customer-facing web application to help farmers understand and make data-driven decisions through real-time and historical data monitoring, forecasts, visualizations, or overhead imagery.
- work closely with Product and UX to understand and deliver features users love.
- contribute to a large GraphQL API shared across customer applications
We want you to succeed, so you will need:
- 2 years of front-end development experience using React or other libraries/frameworks.
- Professional experience managing complex states (Context, Redux, Apollo, etc).
- Professional experience with NodeJS including REST APIs or GraphQL.
- Experience collaborating in Git with teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An eagerness to learn and question assumptions (even your own).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a passion/love for it.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with large data sets.
- Experience testing front-end and back-end code.
- Experience using AWS, GCP, Serverless, and/or Docker.
- Experience using SQL languages like PostgreSQL or BigQuery.
- Experience using Google Maps, Leaflet, MapBoxGL, and/or PostGIS.
- Experience using charting libraries such as HighCharts.
- Good knowledge of UI/UX design.
- Passion for coding demonstrated by active contributions to the local tech community or open source.
- A degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Science, or a related field.
Why this is the opportunity for you:
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other
- Have a lasting impact as you help to build a company
- Learn a lot along the way!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
#PrecisionAg platform for tree fruit, tree nut & vine crops. #IoT network and predictive analytics for pests, disease, frost & irrigation mgmt. #bigda...