Computer Vision Scientist
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Who we are:
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With 500 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modeling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- THRIVE - Top 50 Leading AgTech (2020) – recognized as exemplifying some of the best in agriculture technology around the globe.
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2020) – identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges.
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Who you are:
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic, growing company that finds solutions to real-life problems, such as helping the world reduce the use of pesticides and helping nature feed a growing population. Your ideal work environment includes a collaborative team spirit with the opportunity to learn and grow as you take the initiative to try new things.
Someone who is passionate about extracting actionable insight from geo-spatial imagery in an effort to improve the world’s food supply.
What you will do:
- Analyze multi-spectral, hyper-spectral satellite, drone, and stationary imagery for insight on plant health and environmental factors affecting plant health
- Design and implementing AI solutions that solve challenges using computer vision, anomaly detection, and time-series analysis
- Initiate and work on projects characterized by innovation and experimentation; in content, technologically, and visually
We want you to succeed, so you will need:
- Extensive experience interpreting geo-spatial imagery (optical, multispectral, thermal). Experience with Hyperspectral and microwave is an asset.
- Strong ML programming skills necessary to identify patterns in different imagery bands that correlate with other plant health measurements
- Background in mathematics
- Experience with deep learning frameworks
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Ability to translate product management, engineering, and business constraints into data science questions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communications skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with:
- Tensorflow, Python (Pytorch), Tensorflow, GDAL, SQL, OpenCV, QGIS, ArcGIS, Matlab
- Version control platforms like git
- Jira and agile software development
Why this is the opportunity for you:
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other
- Have a lasting impact as you help to build a company
- Learn a lot along the way!
Your application has been successfully submitted.