Agriculture Business Partnership Specialist, Canada
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who we are:
Semios is a precision farming technology company dedicated to reducing and mitigating risks for growers of tree fruits, nuts and other crops. We leverage our proprietary, in-canopy wireless network and extensive Internet of Things (IoT) sensors that feed our big data analytics engine to help producers manage insect pests, disease, weather and irrigation. Crop insights are stored in the cloud allowing growers to receive alerts and to view data from anywhere on any device in real-time. We improve sustainability, reduce inputs and increase the value of harvests. Delivered as a full service solution, Semios helps growers predict and proactively respond to many of the issues that impact optimum crop yield.
We have undergone tremendous growth in the last year, which has created the following unique opportunity for the right candidate.
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
To ensure we have our finger on the pulse of the market, we are looking for an individual who excels at networking and establishing collaborative relationships. It is not a sales role.
Bringing a strong background in and sound knowledge of the global agricultural market, you will provide insights on strategy, actions and trends in the market reflecting influencers of today and the future. In concert with Semios’ rapid growth, our relationships with other entities in the agricultural community of suppliers, industry associations and technology vendors have become more important to our future trajectory. Your work and relationships will help to inform our plans as we expand our solutions for current as well as new crops and geographical regions with the goal to accelerate our growth.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for maintaining our current portfolio of relationships while expanding and nurturing it to include any market constituents influencing industry trends and events that could impact Semios’ overall strategy and trajectory.
The successful candidate can be based anywhere In Western US or Canada.
British Columbia, Washington and California prefered.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, agriculture or other related field
- Experience in the Agricultural industry with sound knowledge of key players and typical business practices
- Experience in creating and evaluating partnerships with unique & diverse businesses
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and nurture business relationships
- Highly organized and effective at gathering and sharing market intelligence
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time both within Canada and internationally
Why this opportunity is for you:
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other
- Have a lasting impact as you help to build a company
- Learn a lot along the way!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
#PrecisionAg platform for tree fruit, tree nut & vine crops. #IoT network and predictive analytics for pests, disease, frost & irrigation mgmt. #bigda...